Available Course Credits for the Yoga for Menopause course
Study the concept of menopause and what it means to today’s women using a variety of paradigms that include Holistic Fitness, Transpersonal Psychology, and Yoga. Learn about the progressive developmental stages that define the evolution of Women’s Ways of Knowing. Review 85 yoga postures and discover many other practical mind-body fitness techniques that you can use to help your female clientele understand, manage, and honor the challenges, changes, and empowering opportunities they encounter during menopause.
- Define menopause and describe six physical changes associated with menopause.
- List the five Kleshas (afflictions) which compromise or inhibit progress in yoga (and in daily life).
- List the five sequential stages for women’s ways of knowing. Give an example of how a woman determines the truth at each of these stages.
- Teach three techniques that tone the pelvic floor muscles (Kegel exercises, Elevator exercise, Aswini mudra).
- Teach the Laterality breathing technique.
- Teach five adjunct mind-body fitness techniques to promote health and well-being for women over age 50. (These include Tapping, eye exercises, jaw and mouth exercises, fingers & hands exercises, feet & toes exercises, an easy and safe inversion – either Viparita Karani or Salutation pose, abdominal compression exercise.)
- Teach three meditations for good health. (Guided Relaxation, Self-healing meditation, New Day meditation).
- Identify six yoga poses that are contraindicated for Carpal Tunnel syndrome.
- Create and teach a yoga class which consists of 12 – 15 postures that is appropriate for women at the age of menopause.
- Read the course manual.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
- Yoga for Menopause manual with exam