Hybrid Certified Personal Trainer Certification
Learn lectures at home, complete labs at a college fitness center!
Fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment. Examples include:
- Sports and athletic teams
- Gyms and fitness facilities
- Corporate fitness centers
- Rehabilitation centers
Special Note: Call our office at 888-330-9487 or e mail Devon Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional LIVE CLASS options on this program or to get a bonus Level 2 – Certified Personal Trainer
W.I.T.S. Trainers of the Month - Why I Chose W.I.T.S.
Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer
- Get the entire Certified Personal Trainer course lectures all online
- Veteran instructors will mentor you with all of your weekly modules
- Entire program is AT YOUR OWN PACE.
- Includes video lectures and bonus practical lab demonstrations to learn the essential hands on skills.
- Includes test vouchers ($350 savings)
- Get ALL 15 hours of LIVE instruction from a veteran trainer providing hands on practical labs at the college fitness center
- Role-play and master all key skills & personal aspects of assessing clients, exercise analysis, program design and more.
Special Bonus: Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer
- Employer internship hours (30) for a direct pathway to employment.
- Call W.I.T.S. at no extra cost for assistance on this step.
Required textbooks are not included and additional fees may be needed. Fitness Professional's Handbook-7th Edition Author Edward Howley, Dixie Thompson and may be obtained via the W.I.T.S. Store Front or save at Amazon Books with free shipping.
Rent or Own the NEW 7th edition while supplies last with FREE shipping: Visit Amazon
Lifestyle Wellness Coaching Certification
This unique Lifestyle Wellness Coaching Certification course will show your client that providing specific insights into their individual wellness is just as vital to their long term success as creating an exercise program. Our Lifestyle Wellness Coaching course will enable you, as a trainer, to communicate, motivate, and support your client IN NEW INNOVATIVE WAYS towards reaching their goals. This self-pacedonline-mentored class will help you develop the personal skills you need to lead your clients, while opening new revenue streams outside of just exercise training sessions! Your clients will achieve long-term fitness and lifestyle wellness goals for likely the first time ever. You will provide your clients with personal awareness techniques that will create new possibilities and help them overcome previous limitations.
Lifestyle Wellness Coaching Certification includes 9 hours of video instruction, drills and testing. The W.I.T.S. video lessons will teach you the skills of successful coaching and allow you to practice and build confidence in your coaching relationships as a lifestyle wellness coach. This is the next level in your professional growth to build your personal business and increase your billable hours.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Identify the core ingredients in Lifestyle Wellness Coaching
- Apply principles of goals and goal setting to assist clients in their lifestyle fitness pursuits
- Discuss the evolution of coaching and the emergence of the Lifestyle Wellness Coach
- Determine the essential steps for co-creating the coaching relationship
- Explain the importance of coaching agreements and identify the essential components
Senior Fitness Specialist Certification
This certification class is for health and fitness professionals wanting to gain knowledge, training, and competency to assess fitness levels, design fitness programs and provide motivating exercise instruction for older adults.This course is a great addition to your knowledge base and allows you the opportunity to learn the proper exercise techniques, stretching, programming and safety needed for your older adult clients. The population of individuals 65 and older is increasing rapidly. This presents the personal trainer with multiple opportunities to work with clients as they age. However, it does require specialized knowledge and training, because chronic medical conditions will alter older adults’ need for and response to exercise. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key age-related changes in physiology and fitness levels.
- Demonstrate safe and effective exercises for older adults.
- Perform fitness assessments for older adults.
- Design exercise prescriptions for older adults.
- Assist older clients in developing short- and long-term goals.
- Incorporate behavioral change strategies into your programs for older adults
- Get the entire online review program for the Senior Fitness Specialist course all in one place.
- Veteran subject matter experts / instructors will mentor you through all of your learning needs as your pursue the core knowledge and practical skill overview.
- Complete both sections and Get a WALL Certificate to share in your office for completions of this highly advanced course
- Take the entire program AT YOUR OWN PACE in the convenience of home or work.
- Includes video lectures.
- Includes video practical lab demonstrations to learn the essential skills.
- Includes quizzes to assure your knowledge is sound to help clients safely.
- Includes discussion boards to share with your mentor’s input.
- Download a complete WORD Student Workbook
- Download the entire Power Point lectures for your learning needs
- Engage your fellow community of students worldwide.
- Includes exam review
- Includes study tools with beating hearts video links and more!
- Digital badge of distinction to verify your credential through social media markets. What is a digital professional badge? Click here
Medical Fitness Specialist Certification
This 30-hour certification (30 CECs) is an advanced certification for fitness professionals and other types of health occupations like therapists. If you are ready to take the next step in your career and offer new services to a wide variety of clients, then this program will prepare you to succeed. You will learn in this challenging exercise course the core essentials of helping clients with specialized chronic illness. You will be able to practically apply the knowledge in programming safe and effective workouts. Nothing is more rewarding than working with the medical community to do great things for people with special medical issues. This MFS Level 1 Certification includes a written core exam and a practical case scenario exam to demonstrate operational safe and effective competency.
Upon successful completion of the Medical Fitness Specialist course, students will be able to:
- Prescribe physical activity or exercise for individuals with chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Utilize a multi-disciplinary approach to provide clients with chronic conditions or disabilities quality physical activity options.
- Understand the importance of professional networking as it pertains to the collaborative treatment of individuals with chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Evaluate the health status of individuals with chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Identify common medications prescribed to treat a variety of chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Modify existing exercise programming for newly diagnosed individuals.
Course topics include:
- 15 hours of core knowledge lectures
- 15 hours of practical knowledge in program development
- Exercise Is Medicine in Chronic Care
- Basic Physical Activity and Exercise Recommendations for Persons With Chronic Conditions
- Art of Clinical Exercise Programming
- Art of Exercise Medicine: Counseling and Socioecological Factors
- Approach to the Common Chronic Conditions
- Chronic Conditions Strongly Associated With Physical Inactivity
- Chronic Conditions Very Strongly Associated With Tobacco
- Cancer, Significant Sequelae Related to Common Chronic Conditions
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders.
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness professionals, college students in similar fields, massage therapists and other related fields like occupational therapists
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferably with a personal trainer certification or a related degree
- Current CPR/AED Certification before being issued certification
- Textbook (Sold Separately) ACSM's Exercise Management for Persons with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities-4th, American College of Sports Medicine Geoffrey Moore J. Larry Durstine Patricia Painter, © 2016
- 30 CECs (Continuing Education Credits) Applicable to other W.I.T.S. renewals
- Certification issued by passing the online exams in core knowledge (multiple choice questions) and practical scenario applications in programming
- A Level 2 Medical Fitness Specialist is projected for late Fall 2021