Course Price: $159
Learning Format: Online Hybrid Course
Online hybrid is a blended course: online content with a book. The book is included in the price of the online course andwe’re shipping it to you. You get instant online access so you can dive in and start learning right away, while your physical book is being shipped to you. Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book that is shipped.
Bonus Course Components
—Trainer & Client Charts
—Customizable Training Plans
Course Hours/CECs: 12+ Hours / WITS CEC Award = 12
Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Course Level: Intermediate
Triathlete training requires an incredibly intense regimen. The challenge: to harmoniously employ many bones, muscles and connective tissues. Enhance your client’s workout with training techniques for pain-free, triathlete training.
This step-by-step Specialist Course will assist you to help clients feel confident in their ability to start participating in triathlons and feel more competent in how to approach, prepare for and perform in triathlons.
Elevate Your Business … This Speciality Certificate Credential will help you expand your marketability to individuals who want to compete in triathlons.
- Gain a basic understanding of joint movement.
- Understand the science of fitness and nutrition associated with a triathlon.
- Learn proper training for triathlon cycling, swimming and running.
- Discover why the lower back muscles can be the source of triathlete ailments ranging from sciatica to hip pain or burning pain in lower extremities.
- Recognize the nutrition needs of triathletes.
- Review an athletes history and goals.
- Explain in detail what to do according to your current fitness level and according to the triathlon’s distance.
- Teach clients to train for endurance, train specifically and rest and recover sufficiently.
- Get information about staying healthy, preparing for the race, what to expect on race day.
- Find out about swim training and technique.
- Obtain information about 8 rules that are established principles and proven methods.
- Acquire advice on nutrition, training, equipment, how to transition and more.
- Learn examples of different training techniques and drills.
- Discover the answer on why orthotics can enhance performance and efficiency.
- Learn how proper exercise can help prevent injury.
- Respect the importance of heart rate monitoring.
- Provide the triathlete with hydration suggestions.
As a triathlete and personal trainer this course was immensely helpful. I not only learned how to update my own training plan, I also learned how to better help those starting out in the sport to compete safely and effectively. The course helped me gain insights in running, biking and swimming. Most clients that come in for training are looking to improve in one of those areas. Now i have more of a specific knowledge in all of those fields to better help them. Zac Hersh, NASM Certified Professional
I completed five ironman triathlons and three ultra marathons by age 40. I studied my training regime, trained hard, appropriately, had great races and no injuries. Little did I realize the impact my 40s had on tendons! I was so tight everywhere that exercise really hurt. Physical therapy doing all I could to get over the obstacles… but still hurt a lot. I ordered the Triathlon Injury Prevention Specialist to see if I could figure out my missing link. The stretches and strengthening workouts were very specific and hit the sore spots on me! It was also the first course I read where I could understand the biking information and how to become a stronger biker. This course answered some long overdue questions regarding training. At last… so many of the questions I once had were now answered! After ten months of not being able to run… I am running, PAIN FREE. I am ENJOYABLY biking… PAIN FREE. My swimming… so far, has never been a problem. 🙂 This course was very easy to follow, very easy to read, well put together, covered many topics I have not read before. I am SO happy to finally have things figured out and be on the road to training again!! 🙂 Great course—thanks! Bought some orthotics, started the strength/stretching recommendations… finally running strong again! Time to take on another ironman! Five stars!!! Kristin Jorgensen, ACE Certified Professional
Even though I have been participating in Triathlons since 1991 and completed the Lake Placid Ironman in 2005, this course filled in the blanks in various areas of training concepts, specificity of muscle stretching and strengthening. I volunteer at an annual kids week long triathlon camp and this material will greatly enhance the support that I will be contributing to that camp! Great course and I am looking forward to taking more of GMP courses! Edward W. Sweatt, WITS Certified Professional
As a competitive Triathlete myself, I thought the course was accurate and comprehensive to provide a personal trainer with enough information to develop triathlon-specific training programs for their clients. The information was very insightful and will help my clients and I to stay injury free while achieving race-specific goals. The course materials were easy to follow and will be useful resources to reference with triathlete client training plans. Christie Agtarap, ACE Certified Professional
The course was not only a refresher, but taught me some things about triathletes and training that I did not know. I know many triathletes, and this course allows me to better understand what they need as they prepare for their races. Thank you for offering a thorough course! Heather Winfrey, ACE Certified Professional
From a personal standpoint and being a triathlete myself, I gained a lot more knowledge about pre and post training. I enjoyed the course and particularly liked the swimming information. I’ve learned more about the human body, its limitations and its capabilities. I definitely learned about triathlete training and how to advise my clients when they are preparing for an event. Some of the ways I can apply the knowledge this course gave me is to educate my clients in the safety of training to prevent injuries that would disable them from being a triathlete. I can now apply more effective techniques during my sessions with clients. Robert Sadler, WITS Certified Professional
This course was very well structured and easy to follow. I hope to take other courses from this company in the future. As a triathlete, I hope to apply aspects such as bike adjustments, diet, and mostly the training points for building a program based on the distance for myself so that I can better relate to what I am telling my clients. Brett Lynch, ACE Certified Professional
✓ 35 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
✓ Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
✓ NO time limit to take the exam.
We recommend completing a course from 1 year of your purchase date, but for your convenience all of our online courses have lifetime /24/7 access to complete your online program.
“I gained a vast amount of knowledge and really enjoyed the fact that there was no time limit on the course or exam. I got tools to grasp the concept and based on my new knowledge I can now give new ideas to my clients. This was a GREAT course!” – J.C., Certified Professional
Customer Course Support
As part of the GMP Fitness commitment to customer service you’ll receive unsurpassed, exceptional customer support. Have a question after you purchase the course—contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-467-3488.
Online Hybrid Course Facts
- Online content, plus you get a book. You can review all online content first as you wait for the book to be shipped to you. And then you would review the book.
- Part of the course content can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note nothing will be shipped to you.
- Content is Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- Any course PDF documents can easily be viewed right in the web browser.
- Individuals must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files (this can be installed for FREE and if you do not have this you will be given a link so you can view all course content). You will also need to be able to open Microsoft Word files.
$15—48 Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii
✓ Customer support.
✓ No travel is necessary.
✓ Study at your own pace—there is no time limit for you to complete the course.
✓ Comprehensive learning content.
✓ Take all the time you need to practice, study and make the course materials your own through practice and repetition.
✓ Valuable CECs/CEUs.
✓ Online exam—complete when you are ready.
✓ Credibility and increased salary potential.