Expand on your knowledge of nutrition basics for application to sport and exercise. You will learn essential sport-related information to assist your clients in achieving optimal results. Additional topics discussed include the origins of sport and exercise nutrition, as well as special considerations with specific populations. This course is approved for 2 CECs/0.2 IACET CEUs. You must complete all assignments and pass the end of course quiz to successfully complete the course.
At the completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify the goals of sport nutrition and how they build on general nutrition.
- Explain why sport nutrition is considered both an art and a science.
- Compare how sport nutrition fits into other sport-related professions.
- Describe how proper diet can help athletes lose weight without interfering with training or recovery.
- Describe how weight and body composition relate to performance.
- Identify the criteria for anorexia nervosa and other eating disorders.
Optional Textbook Information
Dunford, Marie. (2010) Fundamentals of Sport and Exercise Nutrition (Chapters 1, 2, 3, 10 and 11 will be covered in this class.)
Available in hard copy and ebook
Buy The Book