This certification class is for health and fitness professionals wanting to gain knowledge, training, and competency to assess fitness levels, design fitness programs and provide motivating exercise instruction for older adults.This course is a great addition to your knowledge base and allows you the opportunity to learn the proper exercise techniques, stretching, programming and safety needed for your older adult clients. The population of individuals 65 and older is increasing rapidly. This presents the personal trainer with multiple opportunities to work with clients as they age. However, it does require specialized knowledge and training, because chronic medical conditions will alter older adults’ need for and response to exercise.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key age-related changes in physiology and fitness levels.
- Demonstrate safe and effective exercises for older adults.
- Perform fitness assessments for older adults.
- Design exercise prescriptions for older adults.
- Assist older clients in developing short- and long-term goals.
- Incorporate behavioral change strategies into your programs for older adults
Special Note: This course has a built in online exam to test for a national certification.
Option 1: Package – Senior Fitness Specialist
- Get the entire online review program for the Senior Fitness Specialist course all in one place.
- Veteran subject matter experts / instructors will mentor you through all of your learning needs as your pursue the core knowledge and practical skill overview.
- Complete both sections and Get a WALL Certificate to share in your office for completions of this highly advanced course
- Take the entire program AT YOUR OWN PACE in the convenience of home or work.
- Includes video lectures.
- Includes video practical lab demonstrations to learn the essential skills.
- Includes quizzes to assure your knowledge is sound to help clients safely.
- Includes discussion boards to share with your mentor’s input.
- Download a complete WORD Student Workbook
- Download the entire Power Point lectures for your learning needs
- Engage your fellow community of students worldwide.
- Includes exam review
- Includes study tools with beating hearts video links and more!
- Digital badge of distinction to verify your credential through social media markets. What is a digital professional badge? Click here
Textbook (Sold Separately)
Rose, D. (2019). Physical Activity Instruction of Older Adults (2nd ed.). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.