Course Price: $119
Learning Format: Online Course
Bonus Course Components
—Trainer & Client Charts
—Customizable Training Plans
Course Hours/CECs: 8-9 Hours / WITS CEC Award = 8
Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Course Level: Intermediate
Develop comprehensive training programs that encompass strength, balance, flexibility and endurance. Identify the most common injury conditions associated with running. Enhance your client’s workout with running training techniques. Learn self-care techniques and important training considerations for active and recuperating runners for pain-free, performance running.
This step-by-step Specialist Course is your absolute course to understanding and helping clients to prevent injuries that occur when they run.
Boost Your Business with this This Speciality Certificate Credential … the course will help you expand your marketability to individuals who run or who want to compete in running events.
- Learn about the causes of the most common running injuries.
- Gain insight on common beginner running mistakes.
- Discover why spasms can stop you in your tracks.
- Learn the trigger points that affect runners.
- Learn how to correct muscle imbalances.
- Understand how to get to the source of repeated running injuries.
- Learn self care techniques to prevent and eliminate spasms.
- Find the answer on choosing the right running surface.
- Learn how to gain the edge for optimum running performance.
- Understand muscles and the source of pain.
- Discover the training palette of an elite runner.
- Respect the importance of heart rate monitoring.
- Discover why foot care can enhance performance and efficiency.
- Apply the key workouts and four phases of fast runners.
- Understand time to rest body indicators.
- Gain insight on tips for your first race.
- Amplify knowledge about proper body alignment.
- Develop a preventive running exercise program.
- Understand the importance of cross training.
- Help clients avoid injury with essential stretches.
- Provide appropriate instructional cues for proper exercise technique.
- Gain knowledge on how to create a beginner running program.
Awesome information on injury prevention. I look forward to using the tools in my classes. I will apply the content by informing my classes of information learned as well as planning my training sessions based on information learned. Absolutely love the format! It allows me to work my full time career, part time job, and raise 3 kids! Gary D Lang, NASM Certified Professional
It’s worth buying. I’ve improved my running and I have gained important tips for my clients. Manuel Laura
I love this course. I know lots of runners and think that the information in this course is very informational in order to keep them running (pain-free/injury-free/or at least not to get as injured). It’s definitely worth a read as it’s very well thought out, organized, and researched. Stephanie Brinker, ACE Certified Professional
Great information on running, I loved it. I gained knowledge on proper form for running. I’ve already been using the techniques in the book to help some of my clients. Laura Galloway, WITS Certified Professional
Very informative. I can use all the information I learned in other areas of training outside of just running. This was one of the better studies that I have done. A total new perspective for me. Tamara Heck, NETA Certified Professional
I am a marathon runner and run camp coach, so it gave me a wealth of knowledge to pass on to my runners! Thank you! Teaching my runners how to prevent injury and how to treat them. Very easily followed. Lisa Newby, ACE Certified Professional
✓ 25 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
✓ Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
✓ NO time limit to take the exam.
We recommend completing a course from 1 year of your purchase date, but for your convenience all of our online courses have lifetime /24/7 access to complete your online program.
“I gained a vast amount of knowledge and really enjoyed the fact that there was no time limit on the course or exam. I got tools to grasp the concept and based on my new knowledge I can now give new ideas to my clients. This was a GREAT course!” – J.C., Certified Professional
Customer Course Support
As part of the GMP Fitness commitment to customer service you’ll receive unsurpassed, exceptional customer support. Have a question after you purchase the course—contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-467-3488.
Online Course Facts
- Online education allows you to complete the course anytime and anywhere you want – you just need internet access and basic computer knowledge.
- All content is 100% online and can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note nothing will be shipped to you.
- Content is Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- Any course PDF documents can easily be viewed right in the web browser.
- Individuals must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files (this can be installed for FREE and if you do not have this you will be given a link so you can view all course content). You will also need to be able to open Microsoft Word files.
✓ Customer support.
✓ No travel is necessary.
✓ Study at your own pace—there is no time limit for you to complete the course.
✓ Comprehensive learning content.
✓ Take all the time you need to practice, study and make the course materials your own through practice and repetition.
✓ Valuable CECs/CEUs.
✓ Online exam—complete when you are ready.
✓ Credibility and increased salary potential.