It costs 6 – 7 times more to attract a new customer then it does to RETAIN one. While marketing and membership sales are important drivers for revenue, the savvy club manager knows that member satisfaction and retention is even more vital to running a successful gym business. Your existing members provide monthly or annual dues, and satisfied members spread the word, bringing in new customers. This course focuses on the important variables that influence member retention. You will learn how to create positive experiences for your members by cultivating a service culture. In order to successfully complete this class and earn 2.0 W.I.T.S. CECs/ 0.2 IACET CEUs, you must complete all reading, discussion posts, and assignments, and pass a final quiz. The course textbook, Fitness Management 3rd Edition is strongly recommended.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss retention levels in the health and fitness industry and variables that influence retention.
- Identify variables which influence a member’s experience.
- Distinguish between four responses to service.
- Identify and implement strategies for creating positive experiences.
- Identify strategies for creating a service culture.
Strongly Recommended Text:
Fitness Management 3rd Edition
This fantastic book is a great interactive resource. It lays the foundation to excel in management with special emphasis on “HOW TO”. Help your health club with your management skills!