W.I.T.S. introduces a new webinar series. Each webinar includes 1 CEC.
Program: JAM Chart, Four Pillars of Human Movement, and Writing Balanced Workouts
Recorded Date: January 28, 2021 at 7pm EST
- Construct a JAM Chart and understand how learning functional anatomy from this perspective relates to program design.
- Learn the Four Pillars of Human Movement and how to use it as a formula for writing workouts.
- Practice writing workouts using these tools and discuss them with the group.
Program 2: Joint-by-Joint Approach, Lengthen & Strengthen, and Complete Fitness Programs
Recorded Date: February 4, 2021 at 7pm EST
- Learn the Joint-by-Joint Approach and how it relates to keeping clients healthy.
- Understand the process of Lengthen & Strengthen and how it is the practical application of Joint-by-Joint.
- Write complete fitness programs that include all of the learned models as well as the work that needs to be done outside of the gym.
Program 3 Of 3 – Periodization, New Client Interviews, and 5-Star Fitness
Recorded Date: February 11, 2021 at 7pm EST
- Understand Linear and Undulating Periodization Models.
- Learn and practice how to give a potential client a basic understanding of what their fitness program will look like in the first meeting.
- Discuss 5-Star Fitness, an aggressive fitness program for the active adult.
Tony Thomas is an award winning fitness educator at the University of Texas at Austin where he’s been a WITS instructor for ten years and teaches some of the largest classes in the WITS system. He owns Kilter Fitness in Austin, TX where he has a full-time personal training practice and mentors trainers at all levels.