Available Course Credits for the Practical Yoga for Personal Trainers course
CSCS & NSCA-CPT 0.9
Design customized yoga programs based on your client’s goals and needs. Learn more than 50 yoga postures plus breathing techniques, meditations, visualization, and affirmations. This comprehensive course covers sport-specific yoga programs for jogging, cycling, golf, tennis, and dance conditioning, as well as yoga programs for general flexibility, upper- and lower- body strength, core stability, stress reduction, chronic fatigue, back pain, pregnancy, and weight loss.
- Teach 21 classic yoga poses using cues and demonstration (Chapter 4)
- Identify the basic kinesiology for 21 common yoga poses
- Identify the 4 categories of contraindicated yoga poses
- Understand why yoga qualifies as a Somatic Science
- Explain the significance of sensory awareness, and how it relates to yoga asana
- Teach 2 poses that strengthen the multifidus muscle and support core stabilization (the Easy Sunbird pose and the Modified Prone Boat pose)
- Teach 2 breathing inquiries (The Three Part Breath, Breathe through the Spine)
- Teach 2 primary breathing techniques (Extended exhale and Ujayi)
- Teach 2 simple meditation techniques (Observe the breath, Word or phrase)
- Utilize visualization (imagery) and affirmation (positive self-statement)
- Understand how yoga techniques complement Sport Psychology
- Select, customize, and modify (for safety) appropriate yoga postures to fit an individual client’s needs, goals, preferences and comfort level
- Teach a general flexibility training program using 10 yoga postures
- Read the course manual and view the instructional DVD.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
- Practical Yoga for Personal Trainers manual and exam
- The Yoga Connection DVD