Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Personal Trainer Preparatory College Credit Course
- Free test voucher for the national exam included
The fitness industry has been growing for decades. The average national pay is $29 an hour to live your fitness passion in fitness! Learn all the information to be a Certified Personal Trainer with the fitness industries only LIVE hands on practical labs and LIVE in person lectures. Just 5 weeks of your time will prepare you to be a successful Certified Personal Trainer & pass your national exams. Our personal trainer schools are nationally approved and accredited.
Fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment.
- Sports and athletic teams
- Gyms and fitness facilities
- Corporate fitness centers
- Rehabilitation centers
Passing our NCCA Accredited written and practical skills exams tells employers you are their top candidate to hire. After passing, you are ready to work immediately with your new certification (LEVEL 1 Certified Personal Trainer)
As a bonus, you can receive the advanced certification at no additional cost. This LEVEL 2 Certified Personal Trainer is attained by completing our employer-assisted internship. The fitness internship walks many of our graduates into great careers. This challenging course is for candidates wanting LIVE instruction with in-depth, hands-on practical one on one drills to master the essential career skills. We deal with all types of people and executing the protocols is more than reading a book and testing for a piece of paper. Check out all of the tools for your success below.
This program includes ALL of the following:
- Qualified degreed fitness school instructors
- 15 hours of lecture
- 15 hours of practical hands on training
- Free WEB BASED student study page
- Test Vouchers included – W.I.T.S. Certification Exam
- Lifetime employment assistance
- Work right after passing the exams with a LEVEL 1 Certified Personal Trainer
- Optional Bonus – Get a Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer by completing an employer mentored 30-hour internship.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises.
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
High school diploma or GED Required. Must be 18 years of age for certification. CPR/AED required to sit for exams.
Methods of Instruction:
Lecture, demonstration, hands-on practice, skills assessments and final examination. Registered students receive course workbook and study guide and information on required course textbook. Students are also able to participate in an optional 30-hour internship.
Students must pass both a written and practical exam. Proof of Instructor-led, hands-on class format Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued.
- Exercise physiology, anatomy.
- Anatomy, kinesiology.
- Nutrition, health screening, testing, cardio-respiratory fitness.
- Flexibility, strength and endurance, special populations.
- Adherence, motivation, musculoskeletal injuries, legal guidelines.
- Medical history and screening.
- Interview techniques and goal setting.
- Fitness testing protocols.
- Exercise prescription, equipment use.
- Resistance training techniques, program design.
College Credits & Continuing Education Units for these Professions:
- 3 undergraduate academic credits by the American Council on Education.
- 6.0 IACET: International Association of Continuing Education and Training for CEUs for many state nurses, therapists etc.
- 6.0 AOTA: American Occupational Therapy Process CEUs
- 1.5 NCBTMB: National Certifying Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- 60 W.I.T.S. Continuing Education Credits
A student page has been created for all kinds of extras for current LIVE class students. Registered students also receive discounts on ONLINE study tools and practice exams. Students who do not pass the course the first time can retake the course without extra cost in most sites and re-test for a nominal fee.
*Instructor-led, hands-on class format adult CPR/AED is required to sit for certification exams.
Unique Extra’s for your success in the W.I.T.S. certification course:
- Student workbook (included no charge).
- Student study guide (included no charge).
- Online interactive lectures and practical labs (discounted) for LIVE course study tools .
- Permanent year round college sites nationally.
- Written and Practical skills competency retest only $75.00
- Special Note: If you are not near a college site please check out our
- Blended / Hybrid Personal Trainer program to pursue your career goals.
Special Note: If you are not near a college site please check out our Blended / Hybrid Personal Trainer program to pursue your career goals.
Special Note: The certified personal trainer course is not required to take the national exams to get the Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer.
* NO REFUNDS. TRANSFERS ONLY.