Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Personal Trainer Preparatory College Credit Course
- Free test voucher for the national exam included
The fitness industry has been growing for decades. The average national pay is $29 an hour to live your passion in fitness! Learn all the information to be a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT certification) with the fitness industry’s only LIVE hands on practical labs and LIVE in person lectures. Just five (5) weeks of your time will prepare you to be a successful Certified Personal Trainer & pass your national exams. Our personal trainer schools are nationally approved and accredited.
Fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment.
- Sports and athletic teams
- Gyms and fitness facilities
- Corporate fitness centers
- Rehabilitation centers
Passing our NCCA Accredited written and practical skills exams tells employers you are their top candidate to hire. After passing, you are ready to work immediately with your new certification (LEVEL 1 Certified Personal Trainer)
As a bonus, you can receive the advanced certification at no additional cost. This LEVEL 2 Certified Personal Trainer is attained by completing our employer-assisted internship. The fitness internship walks many of our graduates into great careers. This challenging course is for candidates wanting LIVE instruction with in-depth, hands-on practical one on one drills to master the essential career skills. We deal with all types of people and executing the protocols is more than reading a book and testing for a piece of paper. Check out all of the tools for your success below.
All of the following is included in this in-person Certified Personal Trainer program:
- Qualified degreed fitness school instructors
- 15 hours of lecture
- 15 hours of practical hands on training
- Free WEB BASED student study page
- Test Vouchers included – W.I.T.S. Certification Exam
- Lifetime employment assistance
- Work right after passing the exams with a LEVEL 1 Certified Personal Trainer
- Optional Bonus – Get a Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer by completing an employer mentored 30-hour internship.
This certification course (CPT certification) prepares students to practice as a professional Personal Fitness Trainer. The course includes online or live classroom learning equal to 15 hours of classroom education, 15 hours of practical training and a 30-hour internship (internship only required for Level 2 Certification & 3 college credits to be issued). Topics include anatomy, biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing and health assessment, nutrition, exercise prescription, equipment usage, special populations, legal and safety issues. Students who successfully complete the online classroom education and exam, practical training and exam, internship and CPR and AED certifications will receive their nationally recognized W.I.T.S. Personal Training Certification.
Course Prerequisite(s): High school diploma or GED.
To provide students with the most current, foundational knowledge, training, and competency testing to certify them to practice as professional certified fitness trainers.
Course Learning Outcomes:
After students complete the Personal Trainer Certification course, they will be able to:
- Understand and explain key terms and principles of basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardiovascular and flexibility exercises.
- Demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
- Modify exercise programs to meet the needs of special populations.
Howley, E.T. and Franks, R.D. (2017) Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Ed. Human Kinetics. Champaign, IL
Grading Policy: In order to successfully complete this course, students must respond to all discussion posts (if Hybrid), complete all assignments, complete all quizzes, pass written and practical exams and complete the 30-hour internship (for level 2 only).
|Lecture||Lecture Topics||Chapters||Lab Topics and Activities||Chapters|
|1||Health, Fitness, Performance; Health Risk Appraisal; Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics
|1, 2, 3||Health Screening; Record Keeping; Resting Heart Rate and Blood Pressure, Submaximal Testing, Warm-up.||2, 6, 7, 26|
|2||Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics;
|3 and 4||Field Tests for Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Assessing Muscular Fitness, Assessing Range of Motion||7, 9, 10|
|3||Nutrition, Rx for Weight Management, Rx for Cardiovascular Fitness||5, 11, 12||Body Composition; Programming for Cardiorespiratory Fitness||8, 11, 12|
|4||Rx for Cardiovascular Fitness; Rx for Muscular Fitness,
Rx for Flexibility and Low Back Function, Exercise and Older Adults
|11, 13, 14, 17||Programming for Muscular Fitness, Alternative Resistance, Flexibility||13, 14|
|5||Special Populations; Behavioral Change; Injury Prevention and Treatment; Legal Issues||18, 19, 20, 23, 26, 27||Programming for Muscular Fitness: Free Weights and Core Training, Case Studies
Please note the following important information.
W.I.T.S. Personal Training Certification candidates must submit the following documentation:
- Register online with a test voucher 35 days prior to their scheduled exam date.
- Provide a copy of CPR/AED certification to W.I.T.S. main office 7 days prior to scheduled exam date.
Special Note: If you are not near a college site please check out our Blended / Hybrid Personal Trainer program to pursue your career goals.
Special Note: The certified personal trainer course is not required to take the national exams to get the Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer.
* NO REFUNDS. TRANSFERS ONLY.