The SILVER online personal trainer course can help you prepare to get certified as a fitness professional or brush up on your own knowledge to trainer yourself better and more effectively! If you have a degree in the field and just need to fine-tune the requirements to test for national certification then the SILVER is your self-paced online course. If you self-taught with a great in-house gym mentor then this online course will help you prepare for any exam.
The W.I.T.S. SILVER online personal trainer school was developed with short impactful video that will bring clear important concepts to the forefront so you can pass any certification program. The lessons cover key core knowledge subjects and essential hands on practical drills. Our online personal trainer course is loaded with practice quizzes and more.
Prepare for the W.I.T.S. Certified Personal Trainer National Exam & Get a 2nd Level CPT with this package!
Online Personal Trainer Course Package Includes:
- Developed by veteran degreed fitness professionals
- Online SELF-PACED lessons for optimal learning
- Online interactive video lectures, practical video labs, and quizzes
- W.I.T.S. Certification Exam
- Digital badge of distinction to verify your credential through social media markets. What is a digital professional badge? Click here
- 200 page downloadable student workbook & other study tools
- Student study guide access with sample quiz questions (included)
Online Personal Trainer Course Description:
This certification course prepares students to practice as a professional Personal Fitness Trainer. The course includes online or live classroom learning equal to 15 hours of classroom education, 15 hours of practical training, and a 30-hour internship. [Internship only required for Level 2 Certification & 3 college credits to be issued.] Topics include anatomy, biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing and health assessment, nutrition, exercise prescription, equipment usage, special populations, legal and safety issues. Students who successfully complete the online classroom education and exam, practical training and exam, internship, and CPR & AED certifications will receive their nationally recognized W.I.T.S. Personal Training Certification.
Course Prerequisite(s): High school diploma or GED.
To provide students with the most current, foundational knowledge, training, and competency testing to certify them to practice as professional certified fitness trainers.
Course Learning Outcomes:
After students complete the Online Personal Trainer Course Certification, they will be able to:
- Understand and explain key terms and principles of basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardiovascular and flexibility exercises.
- Demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
- Modify exercise programs to meet the needs of special populations.
Howley, E.T. and Franks, R.D. (2017) Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Ed. Human Kinetics. Champaign, IL
Grading Policy: In order to successfully complete this course, students must respond to all discussion posts (if Hybrid), complete all assignments, complete all quizzes, pass written and practical exams and complete the 30-hour internship (for level 2 only).
Lab Topics and Activities
|1||Health, Fitness, Performance; Health Risk Appraisal; Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics
|1, 2, 3||Health Screening; Record Keeping; Resting Heart Rate and Blood Pressure, Submaximal Testing, Warm-up.||2, 6, 7, 26|
|2||Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics;
|3 and 4||Field Tests for Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Assessing Muscular Fitness, Assessing Range of Motion||7, 9, 10|
|3||Nutrition, Rx for Weight Management, Rx for Cardiovascular Fitness||5, 11, 12||Body Composition; Programming for Cardiorespiratory Fitness||8, 11, 12|
|4||Rx for Cardiovascular Fitness; Rx for Muscular Fitness; and Rx for Flexibility and Low Back Function, Exercise and Older Adults||11, 13, 14, 17||Programming for Muscular Fitness, Alternative Resistance, Flexibility||13, 14|
|5||Special Populations; Behavioral Change; Injury Prevention and Treatment; Legal Issues||18, 19, 20, 23, 26, 27||Programming for Muscular Fitness: Free Weights and Core Training, Case Studies
Please note the following important information.
W.I.T.S. Personal Training Certification candidates must submit the following documentation:
- Register online with a test voucher 35 days prior to their scheduled exam date.
- In addition, provide a copy of CPR/AED certification to W.I.T.S. main office 7 days prior to scheduled exam date.
W.I.T.S. is an approved & accredited with NCCA, CEC provider National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB), and the only undergraduate course approved for 3 American Council on Education academic credits.