Are you looking for a quality, certified, online personal trainer course? Do you have a degree in the field and just need to fine-tune the requirements to test for national certification as a certified personal trainer? Are you self-taught, well read in everything fitness and just need to prepare to sit for the certified personal trainer exam?
The W.I.T.S. online personal trainer school has developed a SELF-PACED short, impactful video online personal trainer course to help you pass any certification program. The lessons will help you with key lecture topics and practical drills that you can duplicate to master the skill set. Our online personal trainer course is loaded with practice quizzes, discussion boards and more. We’ve included incredible veteran fitness mentors to help your successful outcome too.
Fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment. Examples include:
- Sports and athletic teams
- Gyms and fitness facilities
- Corporate fitness centers
- Rehabilitation centers
Prepare for the Certified Personal Trainer National Exam & Get a 2nd Level CPT with this package!
Online Personal Trainer Course Package Includes:
- Mentored by highly qualified veteran fitness school faculty
- Online SELF-PACED lessons for optimal learning.
- Online interactive video lectures, practical video labs, discussion boards, quizzes
- FREE Test Voucher – W.I.T.S. Certification Exam
- Digital badge of distinction to verify your credential through social media markets. What is a digital professional badge? Click here
- 200 page student workbook & other study tools.
- Student study guide with sample quiz questions (included).
Online Personal Trainer Course Description:
This certification course prepares students to practice as a professional Personal Fitness Trainer. The course includes online or live classroom learning equal to 15 hours of classroom education, 15 hours of practical training, and a 30-hour internship. [Internship only required for Level 2 Certification & 3 college credits to be issued.] Topics include anatomy, biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing and health assessment, nutrition, exercise prescription, equipment usage, special populations, legal and safety issues. Students who successfully complete the online classroom education and exam, practical training and exam, internship, and CPR & AED certifications will receive their nationally recognized W.I.T.S. Personal Training Certification.
Course Prerequisite(s): High school diploma or GED.
To provide students with the most current, foundational knowledge, training, and competency testing to certify them to practice as professional certified fitness trainers.
Course Learning Outcomes:
After students complete the Online Personal Trainer Course Certification, they will be able to:
- Understand and explain key terms and principles of basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardiovascular and flexibility exercises.
- Demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
- Modify exercise programs to meet the needs of special populations.
Howley, E.T. and Franks, R.D. (2017) Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Ed. Human Kinetics. Champaign, IL
Grading Policy: In order to successfully complete this course, students must respond to all discussion posts (if Hybrid), complete all assignments, complete all quizzes, pass written and practical exams and complete the 30-hour internship (for level 2 only).
Lab Topics and Activities
|1||Health, Fitness, Performance; Health Risk Appraisal; Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics|
|1, 2, 3||Health Screening; Record Keeping; Resting Heart Rate and Blood Pressure, Submaximal Testing, Warm-up.||2, 6, 7, 26|
|2||Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics;|
|3 and 4||Field Tests for Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Assessing Muscular Fitness, Assessing Range of Motion||7, 9, 10|
|3||Nutrition, Rx for Weight Management, Rx for Cardiovascular Fitness||5, 11, 12||Body Composition; Programming for Cardiorespiratory Fitness||8, 11, 12|
|4||Rx for Cardiovascular Fitness; Rx for Muscular Fitness; and Rx for Flexibility and Low Back Function, Exercise and Older Adults||11, 13, 14, 17||Programming for Muscular Fitness, Alternative Resistance, Flexibility||13, 14|
|5||Special Populations; Behavioral Change; Injury Prevention and Treatment; Legal Issues||18, 19, 20, 23, 26, 27||Programming for Muscular Fitness: Free Weights and Core Training, Case Studies|
Please note the following important information.
W.I.T.S. Personal Training Certification candidates must submit the following documentation:
- Register online with a test voucher 35 days prior to their scheduled exam date.
- In addition, provide a copy of CPR/AED certification to W.I.T.S. main office 7 days prior to scheduled exam date.
W.I.T.S. is an approved & accredited with NCCA, CEC provider National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB), and the only undergraduate course approved for 3 American Council on Education academic credits.