Approved for 2 college credits through the American Council on Education
Approved for 44 WITS CECs and 4.4 IACET CEUs.
Older Adult Specialist Certification
|“Bonus Digital Badge Free” with successfully completing the program!|
|Click Here For Info|
This 24-hour certification class is for health and fitness professionals wanting to gain knowledge, training, and competency to assess fitness levels, design fitness programs and provide motivating exercise instruction for older adults. You can register and purchase the required text, “GAMUT: The AAHF Training Series: SrFit” by calling 1-888-330-9487 or visit our website at www.witseducation.com.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Identify the key age-related changes in physiology and fitness levels
- Demonstrate safe and effective exercises for older adults
- Perform fitness assessments for older adults
- Design exercise prescriptions for older adults
- Market exercise programs to older adults
This is an intermediate level course for students with experience or education in fitness training.
Methods of Instruction:
Lecture, demonstration, hands-on practice, practical skills assessments and final examination. Registered students receive course workbook and student study guide.
Students must earn a score of 70% or higher on the written and practical exams. Attendance is also required and students are only allowed one excused absence. Students with an excused absence must schedule a make-up session and complete any work assigned. Adult CPR is required for the certification to be issued.
- What Is Aging? Aging and the Organ Systems, Nutrition; Lifestyle Modifications
- Endurance Exercises, Lifestyle Exercise, Training Guidelines, Strength Training, Chronic Diseases And Exercise, Conditions, Medications And Their Effect On Exercise
- Low Back Pain, Posture, Balance, Lifetime Sports; Motivation, “Age-Friendly” and Ageless Business and Marketing
College Credits & More:
44 contact hours. Approved for 44 WITS CECs and 4.4 IACET CEUs. Recommended for 2 semester undergraduate credit by the American Council on Education.
Additional Study Tool Resources:
Registered students receive discounts for ONLINE interactive lectures, practical skills and practice exams. Students who do not pass the course the first time can retake the course and re-test for a reduced fee.
Required: 20 Hour Internship
The taped lectures, including the modified group fitness class. It was good for visual learners. I am a personal trainer in fl and 70% of my clients are age 50 or above…The class confirms that i am providing proper training and has shown me a few new techniques to use Good coverage of material without us having to travel. Fine textbook and good written outlines and videos to back up outlines of key points.
Online Personal Trainer Student
Unique Extra’s for your success in the W.I.T.S. certification course:
- Student workbook (included no charge).
- Student study guide (included no charge).
- Online interactive lectures and practical labs (discounted) for LIVE course study tools .
- Prometric International retest sites: $75.00 US/Canada & $85 international fee.
- Permanent year round college sites nationally.
- Practical skills competency retest only $75.00
Theresa Hogue Anne Arundel 2011 class
The knowledge that I gained I will be able to apply to the seniors that I teach and the other adults. This has broadened my knowledge base.
Chrystal Pyle Anne Arundel 2011 class
It covered a lot of important material and was right to the point. Not any unnecessary topics.
Danielle Puma; Harbors Edge 2009 class
The Practical Portion of the class was the most informative because we got hands on experience in each skill area.
Required textbooks are not included and additional fees may be needed.
“SrFit (2nd edition)“
by American Academy of Health and Fitness
The SrFit textbook is used for advanced training for Certified Personal Trainers who wish to work with the older adult. As a personal trainer, you need to know how to safely and effectively serve this special clientele. This book will become even more important as the industry sets standards. As the medical community and insurance companies begin to recognize personal trainers as a viable option, this textbook will enable trainers to participate effectively. This is a required text for our Older Adult certification course.
Textbook may be obtained via the SHOP W.I.T.S.
Older Adult Specialist Certification
Title: Senior Fit for Personal Trainers 2nd Edition
Authors: Tammy Petersen
Week 1: Chapters 1, 2 and 3
Week 2: Chapters 6, 7 and 8
Week 3: Chapters 9, 10. 11 and 12
Week 1: Chapters 4 and 5
Week 2: Chapters 6 and 7
Week 3: Chapters 8, 9 and 10
* Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued. It may be completed before or after the course and the exams. Results will be issued but no certificate without the proof of CPR/AED.
Click Here to Register
* NO REFUNDS. TRANSFERS ONLY.