Available Course Credits for the New Ideas for Today’s Yoga Classes course
In this contemporary course, you will learn expanded information on specialized ways that you can use yoga to help your clients achieve better health and fitness. Topics include the benefits of yoga, the use of yoga to promote flexibility and strength, pose/counter-pose technique, yoga for seniors, yoga for pregnancy, yoga using props, office yoga, faith-infused yoga, yoga that teaches life lessons and the use of meditation and affirmations. Complete theory and technique for each area is presented. This course provides valuable additional yoga knowledge and techniques that go above and beyond the standard yoga class repertoire.
- Site three examples of yoga’s mind-body fitness benefits
- Identify the primary benefits for 24 yoga postures
- Explain the theory of the Pose/Counter-pose technique
- Identify benefits and contraindications of the Pose/Counter-pose technique
- Identify and explain three ‘Life Lessons’ that we learn from practicing yoga
- Identify the standard contraindications of yoga for pregnancy
TECHNIQUE – competently teach the following types of yoga classes
- Yoga for Seniors (25 postures plus the Mudra exercise and Guided relaxation)
- Yoga using Props (25 postures)
- Office Yoga (28 exercises)
- Meditation (9 techniques)
- Affirmation (5)
- Yoga for Pregnancy (15+ postures and how to modify them for safety)
- Read the course manual.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
- New Ideas for Today’s Yoga Classes manual and exam