Hybrid Certified Personal Trainer Certification
Saturdays: Sep 25 – Oct 30, 2021
Hybrid CPT: Lectures online, Practical Labs – 1:00pm – 4:00pm
National Exam Date: Nov 6, 2021
Turn Your Passion for Fitness Into a Rewarding CareerAre you looking to help others reach their fitness goals? In collaboration with the World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.), we offer a Personal Trainer Certification Program designed to help you start a successful career as a trainer. This six-week intensive workshop provides in-class theory and hands-on practical training. Virtual lectures cover anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics, nutrition and more. The in-person practical skill labs cover essential hands-on skills to master assessing clients, stretching, warm-ups/cool downs, exercise analysis with execution, and programming design. This course prepares students for the National Exam held on the sixth week. Test vouchers ($450 value) and extra access to our online CPT course to review lectures and labs included at no extra cost. Earn a Level 1 certification upon completion of the workshop and successfully passing the written, practical exams, and providing proof of current CPR certification*. Level 2 certification is achieved once you complete a 30-hour employer mentored internship.
Who Should Enroll
- Fitness enthusiasts or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Additional InformationRequired textbook: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. ON SALE while supply lasts – The e-book costs $70 and the cost for the hard cover version is $110, plus $15.95 for shipping. To order with W.I.T.S. click here while SALE supplies last. Amazon also has a rent a book set up. Check out Amazon textbooks here and save.
Employment OutlookThe U.S. Dept. of Labor predicts a 8% increase in employment projections for Fitness Trainers from 2014-2024. National average hourly wage is $25. Be your own boss! Supplement your current salary or work full time as a personal trainer.
Lectures (15 hours)
- Exercise Physiology
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- Biomechanics and Applied Kinesiology
- Health Screenings
- Fitness Testing
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Exercise
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
Practical (15 hours)
- Fitness Assessments
- Client Rapport
- Biomechanics of Exercise
- Equipment Usages
- Weight Training Techniques
- Proof of current CPR (for issuance of certificate). This must be a live hands-on CPR/AED course. (Online courses will not be accepted.)
- Attendance is required to complete the training (1 missed class permitted)
- Passing grades on both the written and practical exams
- Completion of 30-hour practical internship (Level 2 Certification)
- Class Prerequisite: Must be at least 18 years of age and have received a high school diploma or GED certificate.
RegistrationAdd to cart
Fitness Management Certification
Do you own your own fitness studio or health club? Do you want to own your own fitness studio but do not know how to set it up to run effectively? Do you have staff that you want to climb the ladder to support your organization? We all need specific education and training to be effective and reach our ultimate potential. This course is the answer to move forward with a purpose. The Fitness Management Certification will offer formal training to lock in the key issues that make all facilities successful. A trainee will learn:
|“Bonus Digital Badge Free” with successfully completing the program!|
|Click Here For Info|
- Discuss beliefs, attitudes and behaviors that influence membership purchase and member retention.
- Distinguish between a member and a customer.
- Describe strategies for branding, marketing and selling memberships.
- Explain the role of club culture in membership sales and member retention.
- Develop effective programming.
- Discuss financial issues including budgeting, forecasting, and raising capital.
- Devise strategies for staff recruitment, leadership, motivation and retention.
- Describe various types of facilities and equipment.
- Manage risks and liabilities.
Fitness Management Certification Required Text:Fitness Management 3rd Edition This fantastic book is a great interactive resource. It lays the foundation to excel in management with special emphasis on "HOW TO". Help your health club with your management skills!
Lifestyle Wellness Coaching Certification
This unique Lifestyle Wellness Coaching Certification course will show your client that providing specific insights into their individual wellness is just as vital to their long term success as creating an exercise program. Our Lifestyle Wellness Coaching course will enable you, as a trainer, to communicate, motivate, and support your client IN NEW INNOVATIVE WAYS towards reaching their goals. This self-paced online-mentored class will help you develop the personal skills you need to lead your clients, while opening new revenue streams outside of just exercise training sessions! Your clients will achieve long-term fitness and lifestyle wellness goals for likely the first time ever. You will provide your clients with personal awareness techniques that will create new possibilities and help them overcome previous limitations.
Lifestyle Wellness Coaching Certification includes 9 hours of video instruction, drills and testing. The W.I.T.S. video lessons will teach you the skills of successful coaching and allow you to practice and build confidence in your coaching relationships as a lifestyle wellness coach. This is the next level in your professional growth to build your personal business and increase your billable hours.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Identify the core ingredients in Lifestyle Wellness Coaching
- Apply principles of goals and goal setting to assist clients in their lifestyle fitness pursuits
- Discuss the evolution of coaching and the emergence of the Lifestyle Wellness Coach
- Determine the essential steps for co-creating the coaching relationship
- Explain the importance of coaching agreements and identify the essential components
Senior Fitness Specialist Certification
This certification class is for health and fitness professionals wanting to gain knowledge, training, and competency to assess fitness levels, design fitness programs and provide motivating exercise instruction for older adults.This course is a great addition to your knowledge base and allows you the opportunity to learn the proper exercise techniques, stretching, programming and safety needed for your older adult clients. The population of individuals 65 and older is increasing rapidly. This presents the personal trainer with multiple opportunities to work with clients as they age. However, it does require specialized knowledge and training, because chronic medical conditions will alter older adults’ need for and response to exercise. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key age-related changes in physiology and fitness levels.
- Demonstrate safe and effective exercises for older adults.
- Perform fitness assessments for older adults.
- Design exercise prescriptions for older adults.
- Assist older clients in developing short- and long-term goals.
- Incorporate behavioral change strategies into your programs for older adults
- Get the entire online review program for the Senior Fitness Specialist course all in one place.
- Veteran subject matter experts / instructors will mentor you through all of your learning needs as your pursue the core knowledge and practical skill overview.
- Complete both sections and Get a WALL Certificate to share in your office for completions of this highly advanced course
- Take the entire program AT YOUR OWN PACE in the convenience of home or work.
- Includes video lectures.
- Includes video practical lab demonstrations to learn the essential skills.
- Includes quizzes to assure your knowledge is sound to help clients safely.
- Includes discussion boards to share with your mentor’s input.
- Download a complete WORD Student Workbook
- Download the entire Power Point lectures for your learning needs
- Engage your fellow community of students worldwide.
- Includes exam review
- Includes study tools with beating hearts video links and more!
- Digital badge of distinction to verify your credential through social media markets. What is a digital professional badge? Click here