This practically focused continuing education course is designed to take the certified personal trainer (CPT) to an advanced level of specific training, giving them the knowledge to work with clients who suffer from chronic metabolic conditions. The goal of this course is to allow you to provide as a CPT recommendations safely and effectively for adding physical activity and/or exercise to a client’s lifestyle while considering the current chronic metabolic condition the client lives with. The CPT will be given knowledge of each common metabolic condition, how it affects the human body, how it affects the human body during increased exertion levels during physical activity or exercise and how to safely and effectively prescribe exercise recommendations.
- Prescribe physical activity or exercise for individuals with common metabolic conditions including hypertension, dyslipidemia, obesity and diabetes.
- Utilize a multi-disciplinary approach to provide clients with chronic metabolic conditions with quality physical activity options.
- Evaluate the health status of individuals with chronic metabolic conditions, as well as decide on functional movement and exercise testing to do with the client before beginning exercise programming.
- Identify common medications prescribed to treat a variety of chronic metabolic conditions and how they may affect the body’s response to exercise.
- Write exercise programming and/or modify existing exercise programming for newly diagnosed individuals.