Course Price: $149
Learning Format: Online Hybrid Course
Online hybrid is a blended course: online content with a book. The book is included in the price of the online course and we’re shipping it to you. You get instant online access so you can dive in and start learning right away, while your physical book is being shipped to you. Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book that is shipped.
Bonus Course Components
—Trainer & Client Charts
—Customizable Training Plans
Course Hours/CECs: 11 Hours / WITS CEC Award = 11
Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Course Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Knee flexibility and strength are crucial to avoiding and relieving knee pain.
This step-by-step Specialist Course provides all the tools you need to understand how the knee works, integrate functional movements into all of your strength programs and design a knee conditioning prevention program to optimize function and performance.
Acquire dynamic design techniques and a better understanding of knee mechanics and be able to correctly adjust and advance the exercises for all your clients with proper progressions and sequencing.
This Speciality Certificate Credential provides up to date knowledge and sound guidance and strategies to help you professionally communicate safety considerations, the consequences and prevention of knee injuries and how to optimize knee function for better performance.
- Amplify knowledge of the anatomy of the knee and common risk factors for knee pain.
- Identify ligament, tendon, meniscus and other acute and traumatic injuries.
- Expand knowledge on bursitis, tendinitis and other overuse injuries.
- Recognize knee pain in children and adults.
- Reinforce the importance of all aspects of exercise including stretching.
- Knowledge of when to refer a client to their physician.
- Increased understanding of medical alternatives for clients.
- Acquire a better understanding of knee mechanics and risks for injury.
- Understand the significance of scientifically based decision making in the measurement and management of knee disorders.
- Teach clients in prevention strategies to reduce the risk of knee injury.
- Understand the types of treatment for knee pain.
- Discover how to enhance your client’s workout with conditioning exercises to help prevent knee injuries.
- Understand the normal and injury mechanics of the knee.
- Explain the risk factors associated with knee disorders.
- Define twenty ways to be good to your knees.
- Learn the sports most and least likely to hurt your knees.
- Provide appropriate instructional cues for proper exercise technique.
- Develop an exercise program that contains safe knee exercises and be able to correctly adjust and advance the exercises.
- Find out hamstring strength exercises for a balanced knee.
- Discover abduction and adductor strength exercises for inner knee stability.
- Learn exercises for combating knee hypermobility.
- Identify programming modifications that fitness professionals can employ when instructing clients with specific musculoskeletal restrictions.
- Demonstrate how to correctly execute various knee prevention exercises without equipment, with a stability ball or a resistance band.
I learned a LOT about knees injuries. I like the course material. I already applied what I learned from the course material. My clients were so happy and impressed by the results. Two words: LOVE IT. Sarah Giesker, AFPA Certified Professional
I gained the knowledge of the injured knee, causes and the basic anatomy of the knee. This will assist me to give better information to my clients. As s Personal Trainer, I evaluate all my clients. Because of this course I’m now available to determine the process of rehabilitation in the right direction and recognize what exactly causes their pain. This course will be a tremendous help for my career. I give special thanks To GMP Fitness for all the courses you offer to the Trainers and Athletes. Diana Munoz Simpson, AFPA Certified Professional
I have gained more knowledge on how to prevent injuries and help strengthen knees. I have clients of all ages and back grounds. I can use this material for my athletes who play soccer as well as my stay at home moms who want to stay healthy. GMP fitness is my go to for CEC’s. I can understand the material and go at my own pace. I look forward to more courses. Tara Minnax Doherty, ACE Certified Professional
Everyday I have new clients or participants telling me about their knee issues as athletic people chances are we could have them too. Now is the time to learn about prevention and proper knee injury support. I will use the information from this course with my clients one on one and when choreographing new classes and routines. Knees are so crucial to our quality of life. The longer we can preserve them and help others do the same the more we increase our community of health and wellness. All trainers, fitness instructors and active people should consider taking the course. Mary S. Hoadley, AFPA Certified Professional
Updated information on the knee. New awareness of knee issues. I work with over 1200 people a year so definitely it will be helpful. Enjoyed learning the material in the format that was given. Easy to follow and I like that I can do it my own pace. Kristi Cristello, ACE Certified Professional
I have learned more in depth terminology about specifics of the knee and how it is meant to function. I will begin to utilize a fully comprehensible outline of strength training to all my clients. Very easy to navigate the PDF book and study guide into one comprehensible tool to provide excellent programming to my clients. Lori Hill Moffitt, AFPA Certified Professional
✓ 25 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
✓ Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
✓ NO time limit to take the exam.
We recommend completing a course from 1 year of your purchase date, but for your convenience all of our online courses have lifetime /24/7 access to complete your online program.
“I gained a vast amount of knowledge and really enjoyed the fact that there was no time limit on the course or exam. I got tools to grasp the concept and based on my new knowledge I can now give new ideas to my clients. This was a GREAT course!” – J.C., Certified Professional
Customer Course Support
As part of the GMP Fitness commitment to customer service you’ll receive unsurpassed, exceptional customer support. Have a question after you purchase the course—contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-467-3488.
Online Hybrid Course Facts
- Online content, plus you get a book. You can review all online content first as you wait for the book to be shipped to you. And then you would review the book.
- Part of the course content can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note nothing will be shipped to you.
- Content is Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- Any course PDF documents can easily be viewed right in the web browser.
- Individuals must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files (this can be installed for FREE and if you do not have this you will be given a link so you can view all course content). You will also need to be able to open Microsoft Word files.
$15—48 Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii
✓ Customer support.
✓ No travel is necessary.
✓ Study at your own pace—there is no time limit for you to complete the course.
✓ Comprehensive learning content.
✓ Take all the time you need to practice, study and make the course materials your own through practice and repetition.
✓ Valuable CECs/CEUs.
✓ Online exam—complete when you are ready.
✓ Credibility and increased salary potential.