The shoulder is one of the most vulnerable joints in the body due to its vast range of motion and complexity. This course is developed to assist the health-fitness professional with a deeper understanding of the functional anatomy, mechanics, and assessment of the shoulder. Improve your knowledge and skills gaining a competitive edge by successfully working with clients with shoulder dysfunction within a safe and effective scope of practice.
- PEND Action Personal Trainer Certification
- 4.0 American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- 4.0 American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)
- PEND American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)
- PEND Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)
- PEND Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)
- 0.4 Internat Assoc for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
- 4.0 International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- PEND National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)
- PEND National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)
- 2.0 National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)
- PEND National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
- 4.0 National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)
- 4.0 Sara’s City Workout (SCW)
- 4.0 World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.)
- 4.0 YMCA
- Describe 5 aspects of anatomy of the human body including 4 types of connective tissue, properties of skeletal muscle, properties of cartilage, properties of joints, and types and properties of bone.
- Discuss anatomy of the shoulder including 4 joints and 12 muscles.
- Explain shoulder biomechanics including scapulohumeral rhythm and 6 movements of the shoulder.
- Identify 7 shoulder daily activity movements.
- Explain 4 functional assessments for the shoulder.
- Discuss shoulder weak links in 4 sports.
- Identify 5 common causes of shoulder dysfunction.
- Describe 12 common shoulder conditions.