Available Course Credits for the Holistic Fitness Specialty Certificate course
CSCS & NSCA-CPT 1.6
Use holistic fitness protocols to support the therapeutic process of recovery from eating disorders, traumatic stress, depression, and the acute grief syndrome. Discover how ‘evolved embodiment’ can become a valid psycho-somatic strategy for recovery, growth, healing, and understanding. Adapt and apply yoga postures as a gentle and constructive approach to back care and self-discovery. Promote ‘adventures in embodiment’ (a combination of creativity, aesthetics, symbolism, yoga, and somatic education) as a highly effective way of learning to appreciate and enhance health and fitness. Learn the five essential lessons of somatic competency: strength, flexibility, balance (grounding and centering), ease and vitality, and use holistic fitness protocols to support the process of recovery from eating disorders, traumatic stress, depression and acute grief syndrome. Learning activities focus on gentle yoga for recovery, back care, scoliosis, carpal tunnel syndrome and somatic education.
- To gain a basic understanding of the principles of Holistic medicine and how these principles can be adapted and applied as Holistic fitness protocols.
- To identify characteristic indications of eating disorders, traumatic stress, depression, and acute grief syndrome.
- To understand and explain how embodiment can be used as a psycho-somatic strategy for recovery and self-discovery.
- To use somatic awareness as a tool for improving posture, alignment, and movement patterns.
- To teach a 15 pose basic yoga program for recovery / self-discovery.
- To identify the specific somatic lesson, psychological lesson, and symbolism that is associated with each of the 15 yoga poses in this program.
- To teach seven basic exploratory somatic techniques.
- To identify and understand the varied psycho-somatic factors that can cause and contribute to back pain.
- To create and teach a gentle yoga-based fitness program for back care.
- To identify the three healing goals for scoliosis, and to incorporate those goals into a holistic fitness program.
- Read the course manual and view the instructional DVD.
- Take the test. (You must score 80% to pass. If you do not pass, you may retake the test.)
- Print your certificate of completion.
- Holistic Fitness course manual with exam
- Adventures in Embodiment text
- Basic Breathing and Somatic Studies DVD