Hybrid Certified Personal Trainer Certification
Turn Your Passion for Fitness Into a Rewarding CareerAre you looking to help others reach their fitness goals? In collaboration with the World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.), we offer a Personal Trainer Certification Program designed to help you start a successful career as a trainer. This six-week intensive workshop provides in-class theory and hands-on practical training. Virtual lectures cover anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics, nutrition and more. The in-person practical skill labs cover essential hands-on skills to master assessing clients, stretching, warm-ups/cool downs, exercise analysis with execution, and programming design. This course prepares students for the National Exam held on the sixth week. Test vouchers ($450 value) and extra access to our online CPT course to review lectures and labs included at no extra cost. Earn a Level 1 certification upon completion of the workshop and successfully passing the written, practical exams, and providing proof of current CPR certification*. Level 2 certification is achieved once you complete a 30-hour employer mentored internship.
Who Should Enroll
- Fitness enthusiasts or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Additional InformationRequired textbook: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. ON SALE while supply lasts – The e-book costs $70 and the cost for the hard cover version is $110, plus $15.95 for shipping. To order with W.I.T.S. click here while SALE supplies last. Amazon also has a rent a book set up. Check out Amazon textbooks here and save.
Employment OutlookThe U.S. Dept. of Labor predicts a 8% increase in employment projections for Fitness Trainers from 2014-2024. National average hourly wage is $25. Be your own boss! Supplement your current salary or work full time as a personal trainer.
Lectures (15 hours)
- Exercise Physiology
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- Biomechanics and Applied Kinesiology
- Health Screenings
- Fitness Testing
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Exercise
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
Practical (15 hours)
- Fitness Assessments
- Client Rapport
- Biomechanics of Exercise
- Equipment Usages
- Weight Training Techniques
- Proof of current CPR (for issuance of certificate). This must be a live hands-on CPR/AED course. (Online courses will not be accepted.)
- Attendance is required to complete the training (1 missed class permitted)
- Passing grades on both the written and practical exams
- Completion of 30-hour practical internship (Level 2 Certification)
- Class Prerequisite: Must be at least 18 years of age and have received a high school diploma or GED certificate.
RegistrationAdd to cart
Health Coach Certification
Here is what the Health Coaching Certification course will cover:
- Understanding the journey of behavior change with key models on the change process
- Employing inclusive frameworks for working with clients to set and pursue goals and overcome challenges
- Adhering to ethical protocols, such as how to appropriately respond to clients' identity, environment, values, and beliefs
- Cultivating trust and safety in the coaching relationship with respect to power and relationship dynamics
- Establishing presence as a coach and developing a coach’s voice
- Communicating effectively, with active listening and appropriate areas of inquire
Click Here To Purchase The Textbook
Medical Fitness Specialist Certification
This 30-hour certification (30 CECs) is an advanced certification for fitness professionals and other types of health occupations like therapists. If you are ready to take the next step in your career and offer new services to a wide variety of clients, then this program will prepare you to succeed. You will learn in this challenging exercise course the core essentials of helping clients with specialized chronic illness. You will be able to practically apply the knowledge in programming safe and effective workouts. Nothing is more rewarding than working with the medical community to do great things for people with special medical issues. This MFS Level 1 Certification includes a written core exam and a practical case scenario exam to demonstrate operational safe and effective competency.
Upon successful completion of the Medical Fitness Specialist course, students will be able to:
- Prescribe physical activity or exercise for individuals with chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Utilize a multi-disciplinary approach to provide clients with chronic conditions or disabilities quality physical activity options.
- Understand the importance of professional networking as it pertains to the collaborative treatment of individuals with chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Evaluate the health status of individuals with chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Identify common medications prescribed to treat a variety of chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Modify existing exercise programming for newly diagnosed individuals.
Course topics include:
- 15 hours of core knowledge lectures
- 15 hours of practical knowledge in program development
- Exercise Is Medicine in Chronic Care
- Basic Physical Activity and Exercise Recommendations for Persons With Chronic Conditions
- Art of Clinical Exercise Programming
- Art of Exercise Medicine: Counseling and Socioecological Factors
- Approach to the Common Chronic Conditions
- Chronic Conditions Strongly Associated With Physical Inactivity
- Chronic Conditions Very Strongly Associated With Tobacco
- Cancer, Significant Sequelae Related to Common Chronic Conditions
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders.
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness professionals, college students in similar fields, massage therapists and other related fields like occupational therapists
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferably with a personal trainer certification or a related degree
- Current CPR/AED Certification before being issued certification
- Textbook (Sold Separately) ACSM's Exercise Management for Persons with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities-4th, American College of Sports Medicine Geoffrey Moore J. Larry Durstine Patricia Painter, © 2016
- 30 CECs (Continuing Education Credits) Applicable to other W.I.T.S. renewals
- Certification issued by passing the online exams in core knowledge (multiple choice questions) and practical scenario applications in programming
- A Level 2 Medical Fitness Specialist is projected for late Fall 2021