One of the most important things to understand about advertising and marketing your Personal Training services is that YOU are your business! It is your skills, expertise, personality and individuality that clients connect with and purchase. This course will focus on using YOU to create a positive image, enhance your “brand,” and attract and retain customers. We will also explore the role and impact of negative advertising on your business and the fitness industry. In order to successfully complete this course and earn your .2 CEUS/ 2 CECs, you must complete the online modules, contribute to all discussion posts, complete and submit all assignments and earn 100% on the quiz. The suggested course text is Hopkins, C. and Avilez, T.B. (2005.) Scientific Advertising for the Fitness Professional. Staten Island, NY. Booksworks Publications.
After completing this class, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of naming your business and programs.
- Identify key considerations for using your own name, and the relationship to your name and your “brand.”
- Distinguish yourself using your personality and individuality.
- Discuss the dangers of negative advertising.
- Utilize your personality, individuality, and expertise establish your brand and enhance your image.
Suggested Workshop Textbook:
Cost:$19.95 plus $4.95 shipping and handling = $24.90