Course Price: $119
Learning Format: Online Hybrid Course
Online hybrid is a blended course: online content with a book. The book is included in the price of the online course andwe’re shipping it to you. You get instant online access so you can dive in and start learning right away, while your physical book is being shipped to you. Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book that is shipped.
Bonus Course Components
—Trainer & Client Charts
—Customizable Training Plans
Course Hours/CECs: 8-9 Hours / WITS CEC Award = 8
Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Course Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Whether you’re a weekend or a professional cyclist, proper conditioning is essential for injury prevention. This step-by-step course provides all the tools needed to help improve cycling nutritional performance, help prevent cycling injuries and enhance training techniques for pain-free cycling.
In this step-by-step Specialist course you will learn about cycling skills, cycling gear and cycling training drills to boost speed, gain power and increase efficiency.
This Speciality Certificate Credential will help you expand your marketability to individuals who bike or who want to compete in cycling events and also help boost your business.
- Amplify knowledge to help cyclists develop good nutritional habits.
- Discover the importance of pre, during and post activity nutrition, electrolytes and vitamins.
- Amplify knowledge on racing and recovery.
- Discover the importance of race-day strategies.
- Gain insight on preparing your body for competition.
- Gain knowledge on year-round conditioning.
- Learn about appropriate cycling equipment and clothing to suggest to your clients.
- Explore different training principles and apply them to cycling training programs.
- Identify correct and incorrect cycling mechanics and give suitable instructional cues for cycling methods.
- Expand knowledge of bicycle safety and first aid.
- Understand cycling-related injury and medical problems that affect the body.
- Learn how to minimize the need for recovery and how the body responds to physical training.
- Gain knowledge on self-care bodywork techniques for cyclists.
- Learn how to gain the edge for optimum cycling performance.
- Discover how to enhance your client’s workout with exercises to help prevent injuries.
- Discover the training palette of cyclists.
“Thanks! A wonderful course that was once you begin reading the material you find that you don’t want to stop. The depth of material was great and the way presented made it easy to understand and retain. The book and CD compliment each other well and will be a good resource to reflect back onto in the future. I really enjoyed this course. I will combine this knowledge and awareness into spin and cycling classes.” – Richard Lemoine, NETA Certified Professional
“More knowledge on the body and cycling. Will use knowledge to safely ride. Very informative!!’ – Anita Hooker, NETA Certified Professional
“I’ve gained knowledge on bike riding and now can help someone train for bike riding.” – Karen Pack, NETA Certified Professional
“I learned a lot more about the importance of diet and what a cyclist needs to have in order to perform the best. Many of my clients also ride as a hobby to stay fit. Now I have further knowledge of information to give them.” – Natalie Johnston, WITS Certified Professional
“I gained excellent knowledge about cycling form and injury relationships. I will apply the content of this course to your work to help with injury prevention for the TNT cycle team. Great course, would recommend to others interested in cycling.” – Betty Gregson, WITS Certified Professional
“The course was very useful for helping clients with nutrition for long distance riding and injury prevention.” – Elaine Rogers, WITS Certified Professional
“As a bicycle enthusiast, I thought the book was both interesting and well written.” – Carol Haley, WITS Certified Professional
“Good review of cycling basics.” – Angela Beshears, NETA Certified Professional
“A very well organized, executed and full of very valuable information. Any trainer, especially those who have any clients that cycle can utilize this course. The course will bring valuable education and information regarding the basics to the various complexities of the sport of cycling. The beginner to the elite can benefit from this course. A great addition to any trainers library and/or kept as a reference tool.“ – Cassandra Henkiel. ACE Certified Professional
“How important it is not only to know the benefits of bike setup, but also the effects that nutrition and stretching can also effect your success of preventing injury on the bike. I have a road bike and I’m getting many of my clients to go on rides with me. So much helpful information to share! This is my second course with GMP. I have taken this course and flexibility. Both were great and I highly recommend. Gina was great and was always there when I had questions.“ – Lisa Cipriano, NASM Certified Professional
“Thanks! A wonderful course that was once you begin reading the material you find that you don’t want to stop. The depth of material was great and the way it was presented made it easy to understand and retain. The book and CD compliment each other well and will be a good resource to reflect back onto in the future. I really enjoyed this course. I will combine this knowledge and awareness into spin and cycling classes.“ – Richard Lemoine, NETA Certified Professional
“I have gained insight into Cycling and the injuries associated with the sport and will be providing seminars to cyclists and in Personal Training.“ – Peter Innocenti, AFPA Certified Professional
“I gained more knowledge on safety and how to prevent accidents in the future. I will be able to explain options to a client about how important diet is on their performance. Primarily carbohydrates for endurance training. This course was excellent and very informative.“ – Anthony Fox, WITS Certified Professional
“I gained excellent knowledge about cycling form and injury relationships. I will apply the content of this course to your work to help with injury prevention for the TNT cycle team. Great course, would recommend to others interested in cycling.“ – Betty Gregson, WITS Certified Professional
✓ 30 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
✓ Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
✓ NO time limit to take the exam.
We recommend completing a course from 1 year of your purchase date, but for your convenience all of our online courses have lifetime /24/7 access to complete your online program.
“I gained a vast amount of knowledge and really enjoyed the fact that there was no time limit on the course or exam. I got tools to grasp the concept and based on my new knowledge I can now give new ideas to my clients. This was a GREAT course!” – J.C., Certified Professional
Customer Course Support
As part of the GMP Fitness commitment to customer service you’ll receive unsurpassed, exceptional customer support. Have a question after you purchase the course—contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-467-3488.
Online Hybrid Course Facts
- Online content, plus you get a book. You can review all online content first as you wait for the book to be shipped to you. And then you would review the book.
- Part of the course content can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note nothing will be shipped to you.
- Content is Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- Any course PDF documents can easily be viewed right in the web browser.
- Individuals must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files (this can be installed for FREE and if you do not have this you will be given a link so you can view all course content). You will also need to be able to open Microsoft Word files.
$15—48 Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii
✓ Customer support.
✓ No travel is necessary.
✓ Study at your own pace—there is no time limit for you to complete the course.
✓ Comprehensive learning content.
✓ Take all the time you need to practice, study and make the course materials your own through practice and repetition.
✓ Valuable CECs/CEUs.
✓ Online exam—complete when you are ready.
✓ Credibility and increased salary potential.