Course Price: $99
Learning Format: Online Course
Bonus Course Components
—Trainer & Client Charts
—Customizable Training Plans
Course Hours/CECs: 6-7 Hours / WITS CEC Award = 6
Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Course Level: Entry/Intermediate
This Specialist Course is designed for everyone and provides proper and safe movements for core strength, along with balance.
A step-by-step course that provides a solid foundation and a basic uncomplicated, systematic approach with progressive movements to assess and challenge clients. All new and continuing clients will experience this training at their respective levels. Basic no-nonsense exercises presented in a direct manner with straight forward progressions encompass both de-conditioned and experienced participants.
This Speciality Certificate Credential provides all the tools needed to design a progressive core conditioning program that will help increase athletic performance, prevent the incidence of lower back injury and pain, ensure efficient and functional movement patterns and correct posture.
- Discover and learn an entry level understanding of core training.
- Learn to teach your clients how to effectively recruit the trunk musculature and control the position of the lumbar spine.
- Discover how to start with the basics and then add equipment when clients are able to properly engage the transverses and pelvic floor musculature.
- Review the muscles involved and the fundamentals of core training.
- Amplify knowledge of core training exercises in preparation for dynamic core movements.
- Provide appropriate instructional cues for proper exercise technique.
- Discover how to help preserve and improve a clients core strength and flexibility to help them have a more active and healthy life.
- Enhance knowledge on the benefits of using the stability ball to improve core strength.
- Review guidelines when using the stability ball to progress core stability.
- Understand how to conduct safe core training routines.
- Find out beneficial tips to share with clients for a stronger core.
“A better knowledge of the Core exercises and the importance of including them in your training. Excellent course. Thanks!” – E.C., Certified Professional
“Understanding of core stability. Will be able to challenge clients more.” – Brenda Holian, NFPT Certified Professional
“More knowledge on core training. Will use with clients in my small groups.” – Cody Allen, ACE Certified Professional
“Good description of the importance of Core Training, the various exercises a well as a good description of the muscle groups. There are a wide range of other courses I would like to take in the future from GMP. I enjoyed seeing the variety of resources available through this program.” – Pamela J. Harris, ACE Certified Professional
“Re-education on areas I have not used in practice lately and a base of new exercises that will help my clients and business. I will use the material by implementing the concepts and exercise into my clients routines.” – Nicholas Miller, WITS Certified Professional
“This is another helpful course that is going to help me be a better trainer. I have obtained new and fresh ideas for core exercises from this course.” – Tara Minnax Doherty, ACE Certified Professional
“Useful exercises for clients.” – Jessica Fahrer, NASM Certified Professional
“I gained knowledge regarding strengthening the core via not only strong abs, but also hamstrings, glutes, lower back and inner thighs. I have new exercises to try for myself and eventually clients. It was a clear easy to follow class.” – Suzanne C. Judd, WITS Certified Professional
“Proper and safe movements for core strength, along with balance. I will use the material with beginners and elderly clients to promote balance and core strength.” – James Ashwell, NFPT Certified Professional
“New ideas for core training. I will be adding different core exercises.” – Lisa Culling, ACE Certified Professional
“I gained a greater understanding of core exercises. I will be better able to assist my fellow firefighters in strengthening their core.” – Damario Armstrong, ACE Certified Professional
“The exercises using the G-Ball are ones I can incorporate both in classes and with private clients. The great part about these exercises is that they offer progressive levels of difficulty. The videos showing the exercises were excellent.” – Arleen Rowen, ACE Certified Professional
“New Ideas. This course will help when training seniors when creating a workout plan. Very good and useful tool.” – Carolyn H. Horton, WITS Certified Professional
“This has given me more ideas to help improve my clients core strength.” – Alejandra Prill, ACE Certified Professional
“Solid foundation of basic uncomplicated progressive movements to assess and challenge clients. All new and continuing clients will experience this training at their respective levels. Basic no-nonsense exercises presented in a direct manner with straightforward progressions will encompass both de-conditioned and experienced participants.” – Paul M. Nitishin, ACE Certified Professional
“I learned more regarding core exercises. I will apply with my client when using core work.” – Nancy Stocks, ACE Certified Professional
“A better understanding of basic intermediate and advanced progressions for core exercise. I will use it to introduce clients to the stability ball.” – Ted Hughes, ACE Certified Professional
“Better progressive exercises for clients of all fitness levels for their core. I will use these exercises on my clients to help them improve their core fitness.” – Jennifer Lentz, ACE Certified Professional
“After working with seniors for 5 years, this has helped bring new exercises into play. Immediately installing into my seniors programs. Its going to be a great tool to have.” – Timothy Craig Boswell, NFPT Certified Professional
“Great videos. I really liked that there were 4 intensity levels to each exercise. Good commentary to go along with each exercise too.” – Holly Morreels, Certified Professional
“I gained important foundational information on working with the core. I will apply the content of this continuing education course to my personal training work. The course was easy to follow and well designed. I enjoyed how it came with a CD and DVD as well as PDF print outs.” – Anne Doiron, WITS Certified Professional
“I gained insight on the proper warm-up exercises to do before base exercises and the different levels of progression. Core training really needs to be emphasized much more to prevent injury. The basics you provided should be the first step in any program for all individuals. Thank you for providing each step in such a great format.” – Donna Mangan, WITS Certified Professional
“I gained a lot of practical knowledge. When working with my clients to both correct and introduce more challenging exercises. Highly recommend to personal trainers for hands on practical application.” – Mary Ferranti, WITS Certified Professional
✓ 24 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
✓ Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
✓ NO time limit to take the exam.
We recommend completing a course from 1 year of your purchase date, but for your convenience all of our online courses have lifetime /24/7 access to complete your online program.
“I gained a vast amount of knowledge and really enjoyed the fact that there was no time limit on the course or exam. I got tools to grasp the concept and based on my new knowledge I can now give new ideas to my clients. This was a GREAT course!” – J.C., Certified Professional
Customer Course Support
As part of the GMP Fitness commitment to customer service you’ll receive unsurpassed, exceptional customer support. Have a question after you purchase the course—contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-467-3488.
Online Course Facts
- Online education allows you to complete the course anytime and anywhere you want – you just need internet access and basic computer knowledge.
- All content is 100% online and can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note nothing will be shipped to you.
- Content is Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- Any course PDF documents can easily be viewed right in the web browser.
- Individuals must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files (this can be installed for FREE and if you do not have this you will be given a link so you can view all course content). You will also need to be able to open Microsoft Word files.
✓ Customer support.
✓ No travel is necessary.
✓ Study at your own pace—there is no time limit for you to complete the course.
✓ Comprehensive learning content.
✓ Take all the time you need to practice, study and make the course materials your own through practice and repetition.
✓ Valuable CECs/CEUs.
✓ Online exam—complete when you are ready.
✓ Credibility and increased salary potential.