In this course, you will learn about the various space requirements of a well-functioning facility. In addition to your workout area, you will need office and storage space, locker rooms, perhaps a laundry room, and a space for child care. You will also need to select exercise equipment, and this course describes the various options available. Once you have determined the space and equipment requirements of your facility, you will be ready to begin the construction process. This course gives you the vital information you will need to build a facility from the ground up, or to renovate an existing space. The optional text for this class is Fitness Management, 3rd Ed. Chapters 17 and 18 from this text will be used in this class. To successfully complete this class and earn your 2 CECs, you must review all of the material, complete all of the assignments, and score 100% on the quiz.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify and describe common fitness club facilities.
- Distinguish between different types of facilities and their features.
- Explain the benefits and uses of different types of facility designs.
- Describe the construction process and costs of building a fitness facility.
- Identify the basic categories of fitness club equipment.
- Describe common types of cardiovascular, resistance and free weight equipment.
- Discuss the pros and cons of leasing versus purchasing equipment.
Strongly Recommended Text:
Fitness Management 3rd Edition
This fantastic book is a great interactive resource. It lays the foundation to excel in management with special emphasis on “HOW TO”. Help your health club with your management skills!