Heart disease is the nation’s number one killer. This course will introduce you to the significant effects of diet-related diseases and supply you with the knowledge to make smart food choices. You will learn about cholesterol, the causes and symptoms of high cholesterol and how health professionals diagnose the condition. Also discussed are changes that you can make to help reduce cholesterol levels. You will then learn the causes, symptoms diagnosing, treatments and prevention of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease. The knowledge you gain from this certificate course will help you to know that lifestyle modification is key to preventing heart disease and at any age, a healthy lifestyle will make your heart healthier, for a robust life.
Learning Format: Online Course
Course Level: Entry/Intermediate
Course Hours/CECs: 9 Hours / WITS CEC Award = 9
Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
✓ Includes Lifetime access.
✓ Instant access to purchased online course 24/7.
✓ Instant access to the exam, grading and a Certificate of Completion.
Bonus Course Tools, Tips and Resources
✓ Educational Handouts (Printable PDFs)—Ideal to use during your client sessions. They will position you as the expert and help clients achieve their health and fitness goals.
✓ Additional Wellness Related Resource Links
✓ Excellent base review material with engaging facts included to help you retain the information.
What You’ll Discover—Course Learning Goals
- How to nourish the heart to prevent disease
- Why encourage healthy behaviors and promote cardiovascular wellness
- Tips for cardiovascular health
- What are the risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- What is cholesterol
- How many functions does cholesterol have
- What foods actively lower cholesterol levels
- What foods are bad for cholesterol levels
- What helps manage cholesterol levels
- What are optimal cholesterol levels
- What changes are recommended for all people with high cholesterol levels
- What is atherosclerosis
- What causes atherosclerosis
- How atherosclerosis is diagnosed
- What is coronary heart disease
- What is angina
- What are the risk factors coronary heart disease
- How coronary heart disease is diagnosed
✓ Customer support.
✓ Fun course for all skill levels.
✓ Easy to share the information you learn with everyone.
✓ Presented in a direct manner with references and thorough resource recommendations.
✓ Online only – there is no materials shipped.
✓ Online true/false and/or multiple/choice final exam.
✓ Online exam instructions.
✓ Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
✓ NO time limit to take the exam.
✓ You can save your final exam if you cannot complete it in one sitting.
✓ Immediate grading.
3 Simple Steps To Get Your Certificate
1. Pass the online final exam.
2. Automatic certificate generation.
3. Download your CEC/CEU Certificate.