Course Price: $79
Learning Format: Online Course
Bonus Course Components
—Trainer & Client Charts
—Customizable Training Plans
Course Hours/CECs: 5 Hours / WITS CEC Award = 5
Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Course Level: Entry/Intermediate
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) is the leading Repetitive Motion Injury in the United States. It is a common condition of the wrist and hand that can affect the use of the whole arm. It is caused by pressure on the nerve at the base of the palm (median nerve).
Factory workers, musicians, artisans, secretaries, bodybuilders, typists and many others are all prone to carpal tunnel syndrome.
The Course provides information on what causes carpal tunnel syndrome, the truth about carpal tunnel syndrome and strategies to help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.
Gain insight, more knowledge and answers … help your clients with effective ways to minimize stress to the hands and wrists and preventative exercises to help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Review the facts about wrist pain and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Understand the causes and symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Examine the anatomy of the carpal tunnel and surrounding muscles.
- Learn signs of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Discover why the source your pain can be as far away as your neck.
- Find out when surgery is and is not necessary.
- Explore treatment options for carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Learn what can be done to reverse carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms.
- Gain knowledge of how to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome at work.
- Gain knowledge of good exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Learn lifestyle and home remedies.
- Amplify knowledge of exercises to help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.
“The ability to check postural issues versus looking right at the hand as the culprit for CPS symptoms. I maintain a stretching and ergonomics program at work as an Occ. Health Nurse/CPT (Wellness Coordinator) and have to assess on a daily basis and this was very helpful on shedding light regarding trigger points. I will apply the content of this course in the field of ergonomics and safety at the worksite. I love your courses…they are simple and planned well. Great course!” – Julia Bartram, ACSM/NETA Certified Professional
“Better knowledge of carpal tunnel. Use exercises to help clients with carpal tunnel.” – Lisa Marie Hane, WITS Certified Professional
“I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and this course has provided me with a lot of great information. I will use this for my clients who also are having problems.” – Melanie Downey, ACE Certified Professional
“Specific knowledge about carpal tunnel syndrome. I’ll be able to apply this by being able to identify carpal tunnel and create different exercises for it. Very good course, very informative.” – John Mosca, WITS Certified Professional
“I have gained more knowledge and answers about pain problems in the hands. I work with senior citizens and will apply the content of this continuing education course to those who suffer from muscle pain and nerve impingements.” – Rhonda Klein, WITS Certified Professional
“I gained insight on the causes of CTS and the treatment plans available. I will be able to show clients a number of exercises they could use if experiencing pain and numbness in their hands due to CTS.” – Rita Cristini, WITS Certified Professional
“The material was easy to understand. The presentation of the information was very well organized.” – Carlene Helgason, WITS Certified Professional
“I have a much better understanding of nerve problems and referred pain. I will now be able to help my clients better. Very well rounded package of information. Thank you!” – Joe Marabito, WITS Certified Professional
“Great to know an alternative to surgery. I have a client who was told to have surgery, but I will try these approaches with her starting this week. Thank you for offering such useful courses.” – Kimberly Layman, WITS Certified Professional
“The program gave me more confidence to share ideas and exercises to help people with CTS. Lots of good information.” – Cindy Fagiano, ACE Certified Professional
“Very clear organized course. A very useful tool in educating as well as preventing CTS. What a necessary basis of knowledge for this current technological generation. There’s no doubt that CTS could be on the rise in the upcoming years and this course is a great supplement to any trainers library of knowledge and experience!” – Cassandra Henkiel, ACE Certified Professional
✓ 25 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
✓ Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
✓ NO time limit to take the exam.
We recommend completing a course from 1 year of your purchase date, but for your convenience all of our online courses have lifetime /24/7 access to complete your online program.
“I gained a vast amount of knowledge and really enjoyed the fact that there was no time limit on the course or exam. I got tools to grasp the concept and based on my new knowledge I can now give new ideas to my clients. This was a GREAT course!” – J.C., Certified Professional
Customer Course Support
As part of the GMP Fitness commitment to customer service you’ll receive unsurpassed, exceptional customer support. Have a question after you purchase the course—contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-467-3488.
Online Course Facts
- Online education allows you to complete the course anytime and anywhere you want – you just need internet access and basic computer knowledge.
- All content is 100% online and can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note nothing will be shipped to you.
- Content is Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- Any course PDF documents can easily be viewed right in the web browser.
- Individuals must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files (this can be installed for FREE and if you do not have this you will be given a link so you can view all course content). You will also need to be able to open Microsoft Word files.
✓ Customer support.
✓ No travel is necessary.
✓ Study at your own pace—there is no time limit for you to complete the course.
✓ Comprehensive learning content.
✓ Take all the time you need to practice, study and make the course materials your own through practice and repetition.
✓ Valuable CECs/CEUs.
✓ Online exam—complete when you are ready.
✓ Credibility and increased salary potential.