This course provides students the ideal balance of reliable nutrition information and practical sport-related knowledge. You will become familiar with how the building blocks of sport and exercise nutrition can affect your clients on a daily basis. This course is approved for 2 CECs/0.2 IACET CEUs. You must complete all assignments and pass the end of course quiz to successfully complete the course.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate the importance of carbohydrate for athletic performance.
- Calculate the amount of protein recommended for athletes daily.
- Identify potential problems with taking in too much or too little protein.
- Describe how fat is used to fuel exercise.
- Identify basic information about vitamins including how they function.
- Explain the differences between vitamins and minerals.
- Describe the general guidelines for water and sodium intake before, during, and after exercise.
- List factors that affect water and electrolyte balance in athletes.
Optional Textbook Information
Dunford, Marie. (2010) Fundamentals of Sport and Exercise Nutrition (Chapters 4 through 9.)
Available in hard copy and ebook
Buy The Book