Author: Aquatic Exercise Association
Provider: Fitness Learning Systems
The aquatic environment is a beautiful place for the pregnant woman to exercise comfortably while pregnant, and to regain strength and stamina after birth.
Maintaining exercise during pregnancy provides many benefits to both mother and fetus including increased circulation, a healthier pregnancy, an easier birth, and faster recovery.
Water provides a low impact, viscous environment making exercise effective yet safe for the mother and fetus.
Learn effective aquatic programming and intensity variations as well as special considerations to protect the mother and baby.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- be aware of legal concerns for pregnancy.
- understand the natural changes associated with pregnancy.
- be aware of the recommended exercise guidelines for pregnant women.
- be aware of the potential benefit and risks of exercise for this population.
- understand how to plan a class for this population.
- look for and recognize individual special considerations.
# of Hours: 4
|Certification Agency||# of CECs|