Author: Anna Shay-McEntee
Provider: Fitness Learning Systems
In the course Essential Aqua Pilates, the goal is to develop correct breathing technique, body awareness, body alignment and body placement throughout the execution of the exercises. The results are an improved core strength, control, stability and flexibility. All these benefits are crucial in order to transition to the next level of aqua Pilates.
After completing this course you will:
- Learn the six principles and mind body concepts of Pilates Exercise.
- Understand the concepts and benefits for Aqua Pilates.
- Learn benefits and safety guidelines for advanced aqua Pilates practice.
- Identify general recommendations for teaching Aqua Pilates.
- Understand recommendations for advanced aqua Pilates class design.
- Learn, view, and practice Advanced Aqua Pilates Warm-up exercises.
- Learn, view, and practice Advanced Aqua Pilates Core Exercises.
- Learn, view, and practice Advanced Aqua Pilates Cool-down exercises.
# of Hours: 6
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credits.
6.0 American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
6.0 Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)
0.6 Aquatic Therapy & Rehab Institute (ATRI)
3.0 National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)
1.0 National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
6.0 National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)
0.6 Council on Prof. Stand. Kinesiotherapy (COPS-KT)
6.0 World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.)