|“Bonus Digital Badge Free” with successfully completing the program!|
|Click Here For Info|
Since 1980, obesity prevalence among children and adolescents has almost tripled. Physical education programs are getting cut from school budgets and young people, more than ever, are in need of structured, supervised exercise and fitness programs. This nationally recognized certificate course includes – 9 hours of classroom education (online), 9 hours of hands-on video demonstrations for practical training, and includes the online written exam.
This Academy Certificate will give you the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to design effective and appropriate age (7-11yrs, 11-14 yrs, 14-18 yrs) programs for a growing market. This class is approved for 22 W.I.T.S. CECs and 2.2 IACET CEUs.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe safe, effective, age-appropriate exercises for youth.
- Demonstrate safe, effective, age-appropriate exercises for youth.
- Assess fitness levels of youth.
- Explain factors that motivate youth to exercise.
- Design fitness programs that incorporate principles of youth motivation.
- Lecture 1 – Fundamentals of Strength Training, Program Prescription, Youth Fitness Assessment, Safe Training Environments, and Teaching Technique
- Lecture 2 – Body Composition, Motivation and Individualizing Youth Programs, The Youth Physical Activity Promotion Model, Eating for Strength and Performance
- Lecture 3 – Periodization and Recovery, Sport-Specific Training, Strength Training Across the Ages.
- Practical Lab 1 – Obtaining Parental Consent, Health History, Warming Up, and FitnessGram Assessments
- Practical Lab 2 – Assessment Review, Strength Training Modalities
- Practical Lab 3 – Advanced Strength Exercises, Training Scenarios
Youth Strength Training: Programs for Health, Fitness and Sport. 2009.
Authors: Faigenbaum and Westcott