Author: Sarah B. Manis BA
Provider: Fitness Learning Systems
Even physical therapists, presenters, and college professors all say the terms differently. What is the correct pronunciation of basic anatomical terminology? In this course, Sarah B. Manis, BA in English, takes us through the history of nomenclature and then helps us with proper pronunciation of the common muscles in the body. Each muscle is represented with its common spelling, phonetic spelling, a picture, the Latin root of the term, and then the muscle is used in a sentence that helps us learn about the muscle. The best part of this CD Rom is that you can click on the speaker icon and HEAR and PRACTICE the correct pronunciation.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Be familiar with and appreciate the history of anatomical terminology.
- Understand the roots of Basle Nomina Anatomica (BNA).
- Discover the Commission on Nomenclature and how they prompted the Anatomical Society to revise anatomical nomenclature in 1887.
- Have learned basic principles for proper pronunciation.
- Be able to properly pronounce several muscles in the human body and learn a fact about each muscle you learn to pronounce.
# of Hours: 1
|Certification Agency||# of CECs|