- Be 18 years of age
- Have proof of CPR/AED Certification (Live required. Not accepted online.)
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent
- English comprehension for the written and practical exams
Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer requires a 30 hour employer internship. Sites can be provided by W.I.T.S.
Please contact W.I.T.S. for additional details.
Suggested Readings: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL.
– Test Focus Areas – See chart for the written and practical areas below.
|Exam Content Outline: Written Examination|
|Domain 1:||Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics – 38%|
|Domain 2:||Client Assessment – 16%|
|Domain 3:||Exercise Prescription – 11%|
|Domain 4:||Muscular Fitness – 4%|
|Domain 5:||Cardio Respiratory – 4%|
|Domain 6:||Flexibility – 3%|
|Domain 7:||Business of Personal Training – 24%|
|Exam Content Outline: Practical Examination|
|Part 1:||Assessments – 21%|
|Part 2:||Warm Up – 8%|
|Part 3:||Flexibility – 39%|
|Part 4:||Upper and Lower Body Exercises – 32%|
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
Exam Locations and Dates
Refer to the W.I.T.S. exam location and date schedule and then select the appropriate location and date from the drop down menu below. NOTE: All registrations must be received by W.I.T.S. a minimum of 35 days prior to the requested test date.
Candidates who failed must register 35 days prior to the examination date to guarantee acceptance at a testing site. Candidates who were unsuccessful on the written portion or practical portion may retake the examination within 12 months only two time during that timeframe at a reduced rate of $125 per exam. (W.I.T.S. Candidate Handbook, Re-examination, p15) Candidates may access the retake application on the website.