Senior Fitness Specialist Program
Stackable Skills to Expand a Professionals Services Starts Here
This certification class to gain knowledge, training, and competency to assess fitness levels, design fitness programs and provide motivating exercise instruction for older adults.This course is a great addition to your knowledge base and allows you the opportunity to learn the proper exercise techniques, stretching, programming and safety needed for your older adult clients. The population of individuals 65 and older is increasing rapidly. This presents the personal trainer with multiple opportunities to work with clients as they age. However, it does require specialized knowledge and training, because chronic medical conditions will alter older adults’ need for and response to exercise.
- Identify the key age-related changes in physiology and fitness levels.
- Demonstrate safe and effective exercises for older adults.
- Perform fitness assessments for older adults.
- Design exercise prescriptions for older adults.
- Assist older clients in developing short- and long-term goals.
- Incorporate behavioral change strategies into your programs for older adults
Special Note: This course has a built in online exam to test for a national certification.
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness professionals, college students in similar fields, massage therapists and other related fields like occupational therapists
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferably with a personal trainer certification or a related degree
Textbook (Sold Separately)
Rose, D. (2019). Physical Activity Instruction of Older Adults (2nd ed.)*. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
* This is a customized e-book made exclusively for W.I.T.S. students.
Includes Test Online
This course registration is on our locations page.
Want to be notified when additional courses are opened for registration?
Want more info on expanding your career even more? Learn More: