Turn your passion for fitness into a rewarding career.
Are you looking for a way to stay in shape and help others reach their fitness goals as well?
The World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.), in collaboration with colleges and universities offers a Personal Trainer Certification Program designed to help you start a successful career as a trainer. Taught over a 7-week period, the program covers key topics including biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage and health assessment. National Exams are conducted during the final week of the program to earn a Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer. Students who pass are eligible to begin a 30-hour internship and ultimately earn the bonus Level 2 CPT W.I.T.S. certification. Students meet in-class and or in the gym for the gym practical portion.
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness enthusiasts, coaches, college students in the field, massage therapists or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Required textbook: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. The e-book costs $70 and the cost for the hard cover version is $89, plus $15.95 for shipping, and must be purchased by the student. Amazon Prime also has a rent a book set up. Check it out and save $. Order either version here.
Career Networking Event is Part of Your Tuition
Do you want an invitation to meet employers and or a fitness panel to get you started? Join the event. Questions? E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To achieve the National Personal Fitness Trainer Certification:
- Students must pass both a written and practical skills exam to be a Level 1 Certified Personal.
- Attendance is not required unless you are getting college credits. (This course has optional 3 college credits through the American Council on Education)
- Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued after the exams.
- Students have an option for a bonus Level 2 Certification by completing a 30-hour internship through W.I.T.S. An employer list is provided to all students.
- Course requirements must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date.
- The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date.
This certificate program is offered in collaboration with local colleges and universities in North America.
For withdrawal, transfer and refund information, see our refund policy.
At A Glance
7 weeks (5 weeks of course work, a week study review, national exams)
In-person, GOLD Online, Hybrid
See your college location for $ amount.
Find additional information about payment options with our PayPal program or ask your local college.
This course registration is on our locations page.
Want to be notified when additional courses are opened for registration?
Want more info on expanding your career even more? Learn More: