The Fitness Industry’s Only Hands On Practical Skill Labs!
Here Is What You Get In A Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer
- NCCA Accredited program with optional 3 college credits towards a degree
- 15 hours of VIRTUAL lectures by top national 5 star veteran teachers all online & recorded for use later! Subjects include but not limited to Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Nutrition and more
- Get ALL 15 hours of LIVE in-person practical skill instruction from a veteran teacher/personal trainer on working with a client.
Unique To W.I.T.S. Students Only:
- FREE online personal trainer course complete with study quizzes & more ($600 value)
- Includes test vouchers ($450 savings)
- Optional (30) hour local employer internship to earn the Level 2 CPT
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness enthusiasts, coaches, college students in the field, massage therapists or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Required textbook: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. You may purchase a hardcover ($99 plus shipping) or ebook ($74) directly from the publisher.
Amazon also has a rent a book set up. Check out Amazon textbooks here and save.
Career Networking Event is Part of Your Tuition
Do you want an invitation to meet employers and or a fitness panel to get you started? Join the event. Questions? E mail email@example.com
- Students must pass both a written and practical skills exam to be a Level 1 Certified Personal.
- Attendance is not required unless you are getting college credits. (This course has optional 3 college credits through the American Council on Education)
- Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued after the exams.
- Students have an option for a bonus Level 2 Certification by completing a 30-hour internship through W.I.T.S. An employer list is provided to all students.
- Course requirements must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date.
- The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date.
This certificate program is offered in collaboration with local colleges and universities in North America.
For withdrawal, transfer and refund information, see our refund policy.
This course registration is on our locations page.
Want to be notified when additional courses are opened for registration?
STACKABLE SKILLS on expanding your career pathway include these advanced certifications! Learn More:
COVID-19 Notice: Understand that due to the COVID-19 pandemic that there is a risk. We care about our student trainers, teachers, and testers. Therefore, we are requiring masks to enter the gym or college location at the assigned time/s. You must agree to wear a mask at all times and you will be asked to leave the facility if you do not have one or wear it on site at all times.
Online Course Access Statement
All of our online courses have 6 month full 24/7 access to complete your online program. The experience is awesome, simple and very digestible for the novice fitness enthusiast.