The Fitness Industry’s Only Hands On Practical Skill Labs!
Special Note: The Trainer Program is not required in order to take the national exam and is not endorsed as the only or preferred means of exam preparation.
Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer
- NCCA Accredited testing with 3 college credits towards a degree. (a fitness industry 1st)
- Get the Certified Personal Trainer course with VIRTUAL lectures by 5 star veteran teachers all online!
- Includes bonus recorded video lectures and bonus recorded practical lab video demonstrations to learn the essential hands on skills.
- Get ALL 15 hours of LIVE instruction from a veteran teacher/trainer providing hands on practical labs at the college or local private fitness center
- Role-play and master all key hands on skills & the personal aspects of assessing clients, exercise analysis, program exercise design and more.
- Includes online certificate of completion and test vouchers ($450 savings)
- The Trainer Program is not required in order to take the exam and is not endorsed as the only or preferred means of exam preparation.”
Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer
- Complete (30) hour employer internship to earn the Level 2 CPT
- A direct pathway to employment by meeting and completing the internship at an employer’s place of business
- W.I.T.S. at no extra cost will assist in this step.
- * This step along with the course has 3 pre-approved College Credits towards a degree
Fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment. Examples include:
- Sports and athletic teams (coaching)
- Gyms and fitness facilities (24 Hour Fitness, Crunch Fitness, Gold’s Gyms, Anytime Fitness & More)
- Corporate fitness centers
- Rehabilitation centers
- Self-employment (Fitness Studios)
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness enthusiasts, coaches, college students in the field, massage therapists or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Required textbook: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. ON SALE while supply lasts – The e-book costs $74 and the cost for the hard cover version is $99, plus shipping. To order with W.I.T.S. click here while SALE supplies last.
Amazon also has a rent a book set up. Check out Amazon textbooks here and save.
Career Networking Event is Part of Your Tuition
Do you want an invitation to meet employers and or a fitness panel to get you started? Join the event. Questions? E mail email@example.com
To achieve the National Personal Fitness Trainer Certification:
- Students must pass both a written and practical skills exam to be a Level 1 Certified Personal. SPECIAL NOTE: The CPT course is not required to take the national certification exams
- Attendance is not required unless you are getting college credits. (This course has optional 3 college credits through the American Council on Education)
- Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued after the exams.
- Students have an option for a bonus Level 2 Certification by completing a 30-hour internship through W.I.T.S. An employer list is provided to all students.
- Course requirements must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date.
- The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date.
This certificate program is offered in collaboration with local colleges and universities in North America.
For withdrawal, transfer and refund information, see our refund policy.
This course registration is on our locations page.
Want to be notified when additional courses are opened for registration?
STACKABLE SKILLS on expanding your career pathway include these advanced certifications! Learn More:
COVID-19 Notice: Understand that due to the COVID-19 pandemic that there is a risk. We care about our student trainers, teachers, and testers. Therefore, we are requiring masks to enter the gym or college location at the assigned time/s. You must agree to wear a mask at all times and you will be asked to leave the facility if you do not have one or wear it on site at all times.
Online Course Access Statement
All of our online courses have 6 month full 24/7 access to complete your online program. The experience is awesome, simple and very digestible for the novice fitness enthusiast.