Turn your passion for fitness into a career.
Turn your passion into a career with the fitness industry’s most comprehensive and engaging course. The W.I.T.S. online personal trainer course is a SELF-PACED program with short, impactful online videos to be a successful personal trainer in the fitness industry. * As a bonus you can join the Virtual GOTO Lectures with one of our veteran 5 STAR presenters. Our lessons will help you with key core topics to learn how the body functions under the stresses of exercise. Topics include anatomy, biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, health assessment, nutrition, exercise prescription, equipment usage, special populations, legal and safety issues. The practical skill online labs are packed with insightful VIDEO drills that you can duplicate to master the skill set. We also will have 1- Day In-Person practical skill review the week prior to the national exams for anyone who wants to attend. This course is loaded with practice quizzes, discussion boards and much more so you can master the job essentials. We have included incredible veteran fitness mentors to help your successful outcome in each and every lesson. Our supplemental internship programs walks you into some great job opportunities. Your BONUS test vouchers ($450 value) for the NCCA Accreditation national exams are included and a must for employers.
- 15 hours of core knowledge – All online with a bonus Virtual lecture access to a top 5 national presenter!
- 15 hours of practical skill labs – Video enhanced like you are right there. Complete with quizzes and other learning activities.
- Optional Bonus 30 hour internship at an employer’s place of business. When concluded you can earn a Level 2 Certification.
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness enthusiasts, coaches, college students in the field, massage therapists or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Required textbook: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. ON SALE while supply lasts – The e-book costs $70 and the cost for the hard cover version is $110, plus $15.95 for shipping. To order with W.I.T.S. click here while SALE supplies last.
Amazon also has a rent a book set up. Check out Amazon textbooks here and save.
Career Networking Event is Part of Your Tuition
Do you want an invitation to meet employers and or a fitness panel to get you started? Join the event. Questions? E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students must pass both a written and practical skills exam to be a Level 1 Certified Personal.
- Attendance is not required unless you are getting college credits. (This course has optional 3 college credits through the American Council on Education)
- Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued after the exams.
- Students have an option for a bonus Level 2 Certification by completing a 30-hour internship through W.I.T.S. An employer list is provided to all students.
- Course requirements must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date.
- The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date.
This certificate program is offered in collaboration with local colleges and universities in North America.
For withdrawal, transfer and refund information, see our refund policy.
This course registration is on our locations page.
Want to be notified when additional courses are opened for registration?
STACKABLE SKILLS on expanding your career pathway include these advanced certifications! Learn More:
COVID-19 Notice: Understand that due to the COVID-19 pandemic that there is a risk. We care about our student trainers, teachers, and testers. Therefore, we are requiring masks to enter the gym or college location at the assigned time/s. You must agree to wear a mask at all times and you will be asked to leave the facility if you do not have one or wear it on site at all times.
Online Course Access Statement
All of our online courses have 6 month full 24/7 access to complete your online program. The experience is awesome, simple and very digestible for the novice fitness enthusiast.