W.I.T.S. supports appropriate, professional standards designed to serve the public, employees, employers, consumers, and their clients. First and foremost, W.I.T.S. certificants and candidates give priority to providing services that safely improve the health and fitness for clients ranging in age, health, and fitness status through the development and implementation of fitness programs.
W.I.T.S. certificants and candidates have the obligations to: maintain high standards of integrity and professional conduct; accept responsibility for their actions; continually seek to enhance their professional capabilities; practice with fairness and honesty; and, encourage others to act in a professional manner, consistent with the certification standards and responsibilities.
A W.I.T.S certificant agrees to adhere to the following Code of Ethics:
- I shall place services and the health and welfare of persons before self-interest and conduct myself in the practice of the profession so as to bring honor to oneself, peers, and to the fitness and health profession.
- I shall strive to remain current in my knowledge and skills by participating in continuing education activities within my professional discipline(s).
- I shall adhere to all safeguards in the workplace, for the health and well-being of those I serve, as well as my own.
- I shall uphold the standards of professionalism, and be honest in all professional interactions.
- I shall uphold the standards of professionalism and commit to performing my duties competently, safely and ethically.
- I shall respect the rights of clients, colleagues, and other fitness and health professionals, and safeguard client confidence, trust, and privacy in accordance with the law.
- I shall truthfully and accurately state my credentials, professional education, professional work product, and experiences.
Candidates attesting and adhering to the Code of Ethics uphold the high standards of professional behavior at all times in the profession(s) for which he or she received certiﬁcation by W.I.T.S.