- Register in May & get the Health Coach Certification program at no cost! ( * online or at one of our college partners )
- 7 – Week Program That Includes The National Exam Vouchers! + In-Person Labs & Bonus Online Study Course
Special Note: The Trainer Program is not required in order to take the national exam and is not endorsed as the only or preferred means of exam preparation.
Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer
NCCA Accredited in PRACTICAL SKILLS & written core knowledge to prove competency.
Also the only certification with 3 college credits towards a degree. (a fitness industry 1st)
- Includes bonus recorded video lectures and bonus recorded practical lab video demonstrations to learn the essential hands on skills.
- Get ALL 15 hours of LIVE instruction from a veteran teacher/trainer providing hands on practical labs at the college or local private fitness center
- Role-play and master all key hands on skills & the personal aspects of assessing clients, exercise analysis, program exercise design and more.
- Includes online certificate of completion and test vouchers ($450 savings)
- The Trainer Program is not required in order to take the exam and is not endorsed as the only or preferred means of exam preparation.”
Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer
- Complete (30) hour employer internship to earn the Level 2 CPT
- A direct pathway to employment by meeting and completing the internship at an employer’s place of business
- W.I.T.S. at no extra cost will assist in this step.
- * This step along with the course has 3 pre-approved College Credits towards a degree
Fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment. Examples include:
- Sports and athletic teams (coaching)
- Gyms and fitness facilities (24 Hour Fitness, Crunch Fitness, Gold’s Gyms, Anytime Fitness & More)
- Corporate fitness centers
- Rehabilitation centers
- Self-employment (Fitness Studios)
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness enthusiasts, coaches, college students in the field, massage therapists or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
Required textbook: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. ON SALE while supply lasts – The e-book costs $74 and the cost for the hard cover version is $99, plus shipping. To order with W.I.T.S. click here while SALE supplies last.
Amazon also has a rent a book set up. Check out Amazon textbooks here and save.
Career Networking Event is Part of Your Tuition
Do you want an invitation to meet employers and or a fitness panel to get you started? Join the event. Questions? E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To achieve the National Personal Fitness Trainer Certification:
- Students must pass both a written and practical skills exam to be a Level 1 Certified Personal. SPECIAL NOTE: The CPT course is not required to take the national certification exams
- Attendance is not required unless you are getting college credits. (This course has optional 3 college credits through the American Council on Education)
- Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued after the exams.
- Students have an option for a bonus Level 2 Certification by completing a 30-hour internship through W.I.T.S. An employer list is provided to all students.
- Course requirements must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date.
- The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date.
This certificate program is offered in collaboration with local colleges and universities in North America.
your steps to a passionate career
Shop by category
Don’t know which course is right for you? Get in contact with our experts!