- 1x GOLD CPT – Certified Personal Trainer + Course – Remote + 2 Day In-Person Skill Labs $780.00 · Subtotal $780.00
The Trainer Program is not required in order to take the national exam and is not endorsed as the only or preferred means of exam preparation.
Turn your passion into a career with the fitness industry’s most comprehensive and engaging course. The W.I.T.S. self-paced personal trainer course is online video lessons with quizzes and learning activities in multiple video lessons of 10-15 minutes. Do your class anywhere at home or during breaks at work. * As a bonus you can get our virtual lectures recordings with one of our veteran national presenters. Our lessons will help you with key core topics to learn how the body functions under the stresses of exercise.
Core Knowledge Topics Include:
- Exercise physiology
- Fitness testing, health assessment.
- Exercise programming, equipment usage
- Special populations, legal and safety issues
The practical skill online lab locations below for the Gold CPT + are packed with insightful VIDEO drills that you can duplicate & prepare to master the skill set. We also will have a 2 day weekend In-Person practical skill weekend review (6 HOURS A DAY) in a key city near you.
- Philadelphia, PA
- Boston, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Detroit, MI
- Charlotte, NC
- Charleston, SC
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Manchester, CT
- New York City, NY
- Las Vegas, NV
- Dallas, TX
- Austin, TX
- Bradenton/Sarasota, FL
- Fort Myers, FL
- Prince George County, MD
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Practical lab weekend scheduled in late January & late February.
- Testing will follow
We have included incredible veteran fitness mentors to help your successful outcome in each and every lesson. Our supplemental internship programs walks you into some great job opportunities. As a BONUS you have a test voucher ($450 value) to use at no extra cost. * The Trainer Program is not required in order to take the exam and is not endorsed as the only or preferred means of exam preparation.”
- 15 hours of core knowledge (online video enhanced)
- 15 hours of practical skill labs (online video enhanced)
- 12 hours over a weekend of in-person teacher led practical skill labs with role playing and more.
- Optional Bonus 30 hour internship at an employer’s place of business. When concluded you can earn a Level 2 Certification
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness enthusiasts, high school seniors, coaches, college students in the field, massage therapists or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED to test for certification
Required textbook: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. ON SALE while supply lasts – The e-book costs $74 and the cost for the hard cover version is $99, plus $15.95 for shipping. To order with W.I.T.S. click here while SALE supplies last.
Amazon also has a rent a book set up. Check out Amazon textbooks here and save.
Career Networking Event is Part of Your Tuition
Do you want an invitation to meet employers and or a fitness panel to get you started? Join the event. Questions? E mail email@example.com
To achieve the National Personal Fitness Trainer Certification:
- Students must pass both a written and practical skills exam to be a Level 1 Certified Personal. The Trainer Program is not required in order to take the exam and is not endorsed as the only or preferred means of exam preparation.”
- Attendance is not required unless you are getting college credits. (This course has optional 3 college credits through the American Council on Education)
- Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued after the exams.
- Students have an option for a bonus Level 2 Certification by completing a 30-hour internship through W.I.T.S. An employer list is provided to all students.
- Course requirements must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date.
- The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date.
This certificate program is offered in collaboration with local colleges and universities in North America.