7 out of 10 Personal Trainers go broke and leave the profession they love. WHY?
1. Because they are afraid to ask for business.
2. Because they take “NO” for an answer!
In the last blog we discussed #1 and shared tips for getting new business and generating leads. Today, let’s talk about #2. How to turn a “NO” into a “YES.”
Here’s a typical conversation:
Trainer: Hello, Mr. Smith. I’m calling to offer you a free personal training session at XYZ gym. Are you interested in personal training?
Prospect: No, thank you.
Trainer: OK, thank you for your time.
1. Ask “YES” questions. Instead of “Are you interested in Personal Training?” ask “Would you like to exercise efficiently, save time and meet your goals?”
2. Find out the client’s fitness goals and then emphasize how YOU can help them achieve those goals. Personalize the approach!
3. If they do say “NO,” don’t just accept that! Remind them of their goals and why they joined the gym! They joined for a reason. They have reasons and motivations. Tap into that and make a connection.
4. If they do say “NO,” don’t consider it a “done deal.” Let them know you will contact them again in 30 days and see how they are doing. At that time, you can review their goals with them and if they are not making the progress they hoped—you can help them!
So, how do you turn a “NO” into a “YES?” Please share YOUR tips and ideas!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Check out our new Fitness Business Institute! We have a new catalog of sales and marketing classes designed specifically for YOU! http://www.witseducation.com/business-institute/
Is your certification getting ready to expire? Do you need your CECs for your renewal? Email us at email@example.com to find out about our new online courses and FREE course promotion.