It’s that time of year again, when our thoughts shift from visions of sugar plums to visions of rolls—I mean those fat rolls that settled around your hips and belly after a little too much holiday cheer. Not taking care of the excess weight right away is a lot like not paying your recurring monthly bills…the longer you wait, the harder it is to get caught up!
Of course, most of us begin the New Year with the intention of doing better in every area of our lives. Prosperity, good will and improved health top the list of most common New Year’s resolutions. However, without a plan, your resolutions are just a pipe dream. If you truly want to manage your weight, improve your health and look your best in the New Year, hiring a Certified Personal Trainer to help you reach your goals is a solid step in the right direction.
15 benefits of hiring a certified fitness professional in 2019:
- Attainable goal setting: Fitness goals are hard to reach, especially if you expect too much, too soon. Unrealistic goal setting is a recipe for failure. A professional trainer can help you set and attain achievable goals for long-lasting results.
- Accountability: The mere act of paying for personal training gives you some skin in the game. Knowing you will have to report to your trainer on a regular basis will help you stay the course and reach your goals.
- Support system: Friends and family can be your biggest fans, but they can also sabotage your fitness goals—they love you just the way you are! Your trainer is always there to talk you off the edge when you feel like giving up.
- Break bad habits: Most weight issues and health problems come on gradually, the products of multiple daily habits that culminate in sickness and obesity. A trainer can help you identify damaging daily habits and swap them out for healthier options.
- Education: A good trainer is a teacher at heart, and they will help you learn perfect exercise technique for best results and reduced risk of injury. They will also educate you about nutrition and lifestyle behaviors to improve your overall health.
- Avoid injury: Any type of physical activity carries with it inherent risks. Your trainer will monitor your progress to make sure you are ready to take on new challenges, so you can move toward your goals with confidence.
- Reverse aging: Physical activity is proven to be the most important behavior for maintaining youthful vigor and appearance. Increased collagen throughout your body affects your skin, hair and nails, and strengthens your bones and joints. Strong muscles improve your posture and reduce your risk of falls and injury.
- Improve immune function: A fit healthy body is better able to ward off invading pathogens and avoid metabolic disorders like diabetes and heart disease. With a trainer, you will see incremental improvements in health, week after week.
- Improve performance: Whether your goal is to be stronger and have more energy for activities of daily living, excel at sports, or run a marathon, a trainer can help yourealize your peak potential.
- Better cognitive function: The adage “healthy body, healthy mind” has endured for centuries because it is true. Your brain benefits from physical activity, helping you to manage stress, make better decisions and perform better at work.
- Reduced depression and anxiety: Fitness reduces stress hormones and produces endorphins, the feel-good chemicals that promote a positive mood and outlook.
- Improved appearance: For all its health benefits, the cosmetic benefits of fitness cannot be overlooked. Your trainer can help you sculpt the perfect physique for your body type.
- Increased self-esteem: A trainer will challenge you become the very best version of yourself while cheering your every milestone. With all that positive energy spurring you to greater heights, it is impossible to feel bad about yourself.
- Higher tolerance: What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, both physically and mentally. As your tolerance for discomfort grows, so does your confidence that you can successfully take on new challenges.
- Improved quality of life: In general, fit and healthy people enjoy a richer, happier, more successful quality of life. Your trainer will stick with you every step of the way, helping you reach your highest potential.
Best Fitness Certifications in USA
Whether you want to hire a Certified Personal Trainer or become one yourself, W.I.T.S. offers the best fitness certifications in the industry. Fully NCCA accredited, W.I.T.S. teams up with colleges, universities and fitness facilities across the US and Canada to bring you professional lectures, hands-on practical training and on-site internships. Register today, and join thousands of successful fitness professionals certified by W.I.T.S. Together, we can change the health profiles of millions while doing what we love.