Living Your Passion As A Certified Personal Trainer!!
NEW – Certified Personal Trainer Course
Get all the information at a local neighborhood college to start an exciting fitness career & become a Certified Personal Trainer. This LIVE collegiate course includes an option to complete an employer internship that can walk you into jobs! This challenging course is for candidates wanting LIVE instruction with in-depth, hands-on practical labs to master the essential career skills & knowledge to succeed. We deal with all kind of people and doing it right is more than reading a book and testing. Check out all of the tools for your success below.
This program includes ALL of the following:
|“Bonus Digital Badge Free” with successfully completing the program!|
|Click Here For Info|
- Supervised by qualified veteran fitness faculty for optimal learning of the profession.
- 16 hours of lecture.
- 16 hours of practical hands on training.
- Good for 12 months from the purchase date of your study course/program, our online printable exam vouchers allow you to easily register for the written and practical skills exam administered at a site near you without any additional cost. To redeem, you will simply follow the instructions in the exam voucher in the store that you create upon registration and or online checkout. You will not receive a voucher in the mail. Exam vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferable. $350 VALUE
- Work right after passing the exams
- Optional Bonus – Get a Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer by completing an employer mentored 30-hour internship at over 5,000 major employers & health clubs. W.I.T.S. assistance!
- Taught over 5 or 8 week formats.
- 200 page detailed student workbook.
- Free online student study page with PowerPoints, YouTube videos and bonus quizzes.
- Role playing to master the skills in working safely with a client.
Special Note: The personal trainer course is not required to take the national exams to get the CPT Level 1.
4 Career Enhancing Benefits:
- Master the skill competencies under the watchful eye of a professional faculty member.
- The industry’s only field internship to walk you into jobs.
- Higher institutional learning with college classrooms for optimal learning. (No weekend warrior courses in a hotel with W.I.T.S.)
- Course approved for 3 undergraduate academic credits
Required textbooks are not included and additional fees may be needed.
Fitness Professional’s Handbook-7th Edition Hardback or E-book
Author Edward Howley, Dixie Thompson and may be obtained via the W.I.T.S. Store Front or Amazon!
Rent or Own the NEW 7th edition while supplies last with FREE shipping: Visit Amazon
Special Note: Order the older 6th edition on sale for $25.00 at W.I.T.S. (only 30 in stock)
A small sample listing of employers of W.I.T.S. Grads!
August 7, 2014
To Whom It May Concern:
Being a WITS Certified Personal Trainer has afforded me a number of opportunities. As a result of those opportunities and the education I’ve received, I’ve been able to accomplish many things, and bring fitness and healthy living to a number of populations in my community. A list of noted accomplishments is provided below:
• 4 Years as a Personal Trainer, Coach and Group-X Instructor for the YMCA
• Started a Wrestling Program at YMCA, of which I was Head Coach for 2 years
• 1 Year Physical Fitness Team Leader at local elementary school
• Opened my own in home personal training business in 2012 – My New Trainer, LLC
• 2 Years as a Group Ex Instruction and Wellness Team member at ESPN
• Became an Officer and Training Instructor for the US Naval Sea Cadets
• Became Lead Personal Trainer & Fitness Coordinator at current employer, Body Temple Fitness
Aside from my official and career accomplishments, I am routinely consulted on an “unofficial” basis as the expert in weight lost, athletics, and healthy living. I have competed in a number of Tough Mudder™ events, both on my own and with clients and friends who I have trained in the preparation of such events, and I have competed in and completed a full distance IronMan Triathlon, among a variety of other physical fitness challenges. On both a social and professional level, I provide, encourage, and most importantly, make fun and accessible a lifestyle of healthy living for the people around me.
I thank you for providing me with the education that has given me the ability to improve the quality of life for the people in my life and in my community
John Derek Zvonek C.P.T.
My New Trainer, LLC
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises.
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
High school diploma or GED Required. Must be 18 years of age for certification. CPR/AED required to sit for exams.
Methods of Instruction:
Lecture, demonstration, hands-on practice, skills assessments and final examination. Registered students receive course workbook and study guide and information on required course textbook. Students are also able to participate in an optional 30-hour internship.
Students must pass both a written and practical exam. Proof of Instructor-led, hands-on class format Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued.
- Exercise physiology, anatomy.
- Anatomy, kinesiology.
- Nutrition, health screening, testing, cardio-respiratory fitness.
- Flexibility, strength and endurance, special populations.
- Adherence, motivation, musculoskeletal injuries, legal guidelines.
- Medical history and screening.
- Interview techniques and goal setting.
- Fitness testing protocols.
- Exercise prescription, equipment use.
- Resistance training techniques, program design.
College Credits & Continuing Education Units for these Professions:
- 3 undergraduate academic credits by the American Council on Education.
- 6.0 IACET: International Association of Continuing Education and Training for CEUs for many state nurses, therapists etc.
- 6.0 AOTA: American Occupational Therapy Process CEUs
- 1.5 NCBTMB: National Certifying Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- 60 W.I.T.S. Continuing Education Credits
A student page has been created for all kinds of extras for current LIVE class students. Registered students also receive discounts on ONLINE study tools and practice exams. Students who do not pass the course the first time can retake the course without extra cost in most sites and re-test for a nominal fee.
*Instructor-led, hands-on class format adult CPR/AED is required to sit for certification exams.
Unique Extra’s for your success in the W.I.T.S. certification course:
- Student workbook (included no charge).
- Student study guide (included no charge).
- Online interactive lectures and practical labs (discounted) for LIVE course study tools .
- Permanent year round college sites nationally.
- Written and Practical skills competency retest only $75.00
- Special Note: If you are not near a college site please check out our
- Blended / Hybrid Personal Trainer program to pursue your career goals.
Special Note: If you are not near a college site please check out our Blended / Hybrid Personal Trainer program to pursue your career goals.
- Personal Trainer Lecture Review – Foundations (video enhanced) – $75 (a $195 value)
- Personal Trainer Practical Skills Review – Foundations (video enhanced) – $75 (a $195 value)
(Orders will only be filled for fully registered students at one of our partner colleges at this discounted price only.)
* NO REFUNDS. TRANSFERS ONLY.