Your Fitness Career Starts Here!!
Join us and become a nationally certified personal trainer. W.I.T.S. offers one of the hottest health occupations in the best environment possible, your area college!! Take on a career that you can be proud of while earning a great living as a certified personal trainer. The fitness industry data confirms a big shortage in the personal trainer field. What that means is that you have a great opportunity to be on the front lines of our obesity health issues and make a difference. Change your life today, make a good living ($34 an hour, national average) and feel great helping others! Employers of all sizes are in great need of quality certified personal trainers. Act today as class size is limited.
This 62-hour certification program includes the following;
- 16 hours of lecture (view more on the topics)
- 16 hours of practical hands on training (view more on the topics)
- 100 question multiple choice (click here for more details)
- A (1 on 1) 5 part hands on practical skill competency exam with a mock client.
- A 30-hour internship in the field with experienced trainers as mentors.
- The course is taught over on a 6 or 9 week LIVE format.
- Master the skill competencies under the watchful eye of a professional faculty member.
- The industry’s only field internship to walk you into jobs.
- Digital badge of distinction to verify your credential through social media. What is a digital professional badge? Click here
- A student study page with FREE study tools.
- Optional online course review with video lectures, practical labs & much more.
- Higher institutional learning with college classrooms for optimal learning. (No weekend warrior courses in a hotel with W.I.T.S.)
Required textbook is not included. Testing fees are included in the collegiate course!
Fitness Professional’s Handbook-6th Edition
Author Edward Howley, Dixie Thompson and may be obtained via the W.I.T.S. Store Front
Our W.I.T.S. store front has additional retired exams and online comprehensive review courses that include complete video lectures and much more. Registered collegiate students can access the entire review course for only an additional $75 fee.
A sample listing of employers of W.I.T.S. Grads!
Thanks for checking in! I’m about half way through my internship with Higher level Fitness and loving it. I have also been offered the opportunity to work through Higher Level Fitness when I complete my internship. They are helping me with marketing and a web site so I’ll be ready to roll as soon as my internship and CPR/AED are behind me. Cheers!
Winnipeg Technical College
August 7, 2014
To Whom It May Concern:
Being a WITS Certified Personal Trainer has afforded me a number of opportunities. As a result of those opportunities and the education I’ve received, I’ve been able to accomplish many things, and bring fitness and healthy living to a number of populations in my community. A list of noted accomplishments is provided below:
• 4 Years as a Personal Trainer, Coach and Group-X Instructor for the YMCA
• Started a Wrestling Program at YMCA, of which I was Head Coach for 2 years
• 1 Year Physical Fitness Team Leader at local elementary school
• Opened my own in home personal training business in 2012 – My New Trainer, LLC
• 2 Years as a Group Ex Instruction and Wellness Team member at ESPN
• Became an Officer and Training Instructor for the US Naval Sea Cadets
• Became Lead Personal Trainer & Fitness Coordinator at current employer, Body Temple Fitness
Aside from my official and career accomplishments, I am routinely consulted on an “unofficial” basis as the expert in weight lost, athletics, and healthy living. I have competed in a number of Tough Mudder™ events, both on my own and with clients and friends who I have trained in the preparation of such events, and I have competed in and completed a full distance IronMan Triathlon, among a variety of other physical fitness challenges. On both a social and professional level, I provide, encourage, and most importantly, make fun and accessible a lifestyle of healthy living for the people around me.
I thank you for providing me with the education that has given me the ability to improve the quality of life for the people in my life and in my community
John Derek Zvonek C.P.T.
My New Trainer, LLC
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises.
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
High school diploma or GED Required. Must be 18 years of age for certification. This is a beginning level course. No pre-requisites are required. Students must obtain Adult CPR & AED certification in order to receive certification.
Methods of Instruction:
Lecture, demonstration, hands-on practice, skills assessments and final examination. Registered students receive course workbook and study guide and information on required course textbook. Students are also required to participate in a 30-hour internship.
Students must earn a score of 70% or higher on the written exam and in each of the 5 section practical exams. Attendance policy click here. Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued. Students are also required to complete a 30-hour internship. All items must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date. The renewal period is based on the original course completion dates.
- Exercise physiology, anatomy.
- Anatomy, kinesiology.
- Nutrition, health screening, testing, cardio-respiratory fitness.
- Flexibility, strength and endurance, special populations.
- Adherence, motivation, musculoskeletal injuries, legal guidelines.
- Medical history and screening.
- Interview techniques and goal setting.
- Fitness testing protocols.
- Exercise prescription, equipment use.
- Resistance training techniques, program design.
College Credits & Continuing Education Units for these Professions:
- 3 undergraduate academic credits by the American Council on Education.
- 6.0 IACET: International Association of Continuing Education and Training for CEUs for many state nurses, therapists etc.
- 6.0 BOC: Board of Certification Process CEUs for Athletic Trainers
- 6.0 AOTA: American Occupational Therapy Process CEUs
- 1.5 NCBTMB: National Certifying Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- 60 W.I.T.S. Continuing Education Credits
A student page has been created for all kinds of extras for current LIVE class students. Registered students also receive discounts on ONLINE study tools and practice exams. Students who do not pass the course the first time can retake the course without extra cost in most sites and re-test for a nominal fee.
*Adult CPR and AED is required for the certification to be issued. It may be completed before or after the course and the exams. Results will be issued but no certificate without the proof of CPR and AED.
Unique Extra’s for your success in the W.I.T.S. certification course:
- Student workbook (included no charge).
- Student study guide (included no charge).
- Online interactive lectures and practical labs (discounted) for LIVE course study tools .
- Prometric International retest sites: $75.00 US/Canada & $85 international fee.
- Permanent year round college sites nationally.
- Practical skills competency retest only $75.00
- Special Note: If you are not near a college site please check out our
- Blended / Hybrid Personal Trainer program to pursue your career goals.
Special Note: If you are not near a college site please check out our Blended / Hybrid Personal Trainer program to pursue your career goals.
* NO REFUNDS. TRANSFERS ONLY.