Your Fitness Career Starts Here!!
Join us and become a nationally certified personal trainer. W.I.T.S. offers one of the hottest health occupations in the best environment possible, your own area college. Take on a career that you can be proud of while earning a great living as a nationally certified personal trainer. The fitness industry has a big shortage in the personal trainer field. What that means is that you have a great opportunity to be on the front lines of our obesity health issues and make a difference in people’s lives. Change your life today, make a good living ($34 an hour, national average) and feel great helping others!
W.I.T.S. has over 5,000 Employers of all sizes that look to hire our qualified certified personal trainers. Act today as class size is limited in most college locations. Our internship program walks many of our graduates into jobs!!
Learning Outcomes:After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises.
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
High school diploma or GED Required. Must be 18 years of age for certification. This is a beginning level course. No pre-requisites are required.Methods of Instruction:
Lecture, demonstration, hands-on practice, skills assessments and final examination. Registered students receive course workbook and study guide and information on required course textbook. Students are also required to participate in a 30-hour internship.Completion Requirements:
Students must earn a score of 68% or higher on the written exam and a 80% or higher on the practical exams. Attendance policy click here. Proof of Instructor-led, hands-on class format Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued. Students are also required to complete a 30-hour internship. All items must be completed within 12 months of the original course start date. The renewal period is based on the original course completion dates.
- Exercise physiology, anatomy.
- Anatomy, kinesiology.
- Nutrition, health screening, testing, cardio-respiratory fitness.
- Flexibility, strength and endurance, special populations.
- Adherence, motivation, musculoskeletal injuries, legal guidelines.
- Medical history and screening.
- Interview techniques and goal setting.
- Fitness testing protocols.
- Exercise prescription, equipment use.
- Resistance training techniques, program design.
Credits:College Credits & Continuing Education Units for these Professions:
- 3 undergraduate academic credits by the American Council on Education.
- 6.0 IACET: International Association of Continuing Education and Training for CEUs for many state nurses, therapists etc.
- 6.0 AOTA: American Occupational Therapy Process CEUs
- 1.5 NCBTMB: National Certifying Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- 60 W.I.T.S. Continuing Education Credits